Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm very interested, is there a list for "maybe, hopefully"?
There seems to be a list forming for "I don't give a s***, I'm going...", but then again, they might be all Texans...

Last edited:
They never left and they do not like wearing masks in ski lift lines.
No problem wearing a mask in the ski line, or anywhere else.

681BBD21-927B-4928-BD95-866715306E67.jpeg

Last edited:
Was in Durango for spring break last week and other than the masks, everything was pretty open and normal. Mostly Texans on Spring Break. Skiing was great and so was snowmobiling. Even did the train from Durango although it only went as far as Cascade this time of year, it was pretty full and we enjoyed it. We had breakfast at the Durango diner and it was super tasty. If that place can be open, you know that things are getting close to normal. We were packed in there like clowns in a Volkswagen.

There seems to be a list forming for "I don't give a s***, I'm going...", but then again, they might be all Texans...
So is the sadness/dislike, the fact that I've already booked a hotel room, put in my vacation, and am going to Silverton, whether HIH happens or not, or the ever popular "Colorado is full of 'bad' Texans"?

(from a 'good' person, currently sitting in Texas)

Last edited:
So is the sadness/dislike, the fact that I've already booked a hotel room, put in my vacation, and am going to Silverton, whether HIH happens or not, or the ever popular "Colorado is full of 'bad' Texans"?

Not a Texan, but I have a hotel booked and plan to day trip to Durango to ride the train to do some sightseeing. It will be my first time visiting CO. I'll have a good time either way. I would like to meet some vendors though. Maybe the vendors will come to Rendezvous in the Ozarks.

Last edited:
Who DOES like wearing masks in ski lines? Outside. Jesus H. Relax.
Feel free to stay away until I can get vaccinated. Do what you want where you live, but keep your bull**** away from me.

By July all the people in the US that want to be vaccinated will have been vaccinated- all will be good-

You guys in CO bash TXans but wait till the Geeorgians get there ....... whuup whuup! 😎

Feel free to stay away until I can get vaccinated. Do what you want where you live, but keep your bulls*** away from me.
This event has always been d-bag free. Do us all a favor and keep it that way.

I'm very sure I don't want to get in the middle of any of this however as a healthcare professional of 30 years, married to a healthcare professional of 30 years, who has witnessed first hand the havoc this virus has wrought upon so many. I do have to object to this statement
So I’m pretty sure I’m as qualified as anyone to speak on this issu

The uncomfortable truth is no one is really qualified to speak on the subject, not even people who have spent their lives studying disease. It is just too new of a disease to truly know what's best. However some people are considerably more qualified than others. That's why I listen to people with as much expertise in the field as possible. Their recommendations are pretty universal. What can be done is to apply basics from what we know of disease transmission. Thats the national and international guidance. Unfortunately we just can't seem as a nation to coalesce around doing the right thing. Even though it might save our neighbors life. I would love for this event to happen. I would love to take a vacation. I'm just not willing to pay for it with someone else's grandma's life. Too many people seem ok with that, or tell themselves that it doesn't really happen that way. I can assure everyone it does.

Last edited:
The uncomfortable truth is no one is really qualified to speak on the subject, .......I would love to take a vacation. I'm just not willing to pay for it with someone else's grandma's life.
If unqualified, then spare us the hyperbole.

Last edited:
If unqualified, then spare us the hyperbole.
Hyperbole was just too much reading for you I get it. If you had read everything and understood some of it you might have seen the part where the best anyone can do is apply the knowledge we have to a rapidly developing situation. But you know you do you and I guess we will all find out in the afterlife how many deaths we caused.

Question: How do you tell if someone is a teacher or a health care worker within five minutes of meeting them?
Answer: They'll tell you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom