100 roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting closer to buying a roof rack for my 100. It seems most here like the front runner rack and I kinda agree but don't know all I probably should to make a good decision. I don't ever plan on having a RTT so a rack with short sides would be ok , any advise or suggestions or what makes s rack stand out would be a great help Thanks a lot Dave

im a homer fro the front runner stuff. i think their customer service is top notch and their products work. lots of options should you want your truck to look as silly as mine with too much stuff bolted onto it....

I've never owned a front runner and it seems to be the lego set of roof racks, but I do own a Gamiviti Expo and I love it.

It's light weight and rock solid and in my opinion it's the best looking rack available today. I carry an eezi awn 1800 RTT (massive tent), awning, storage bins and all kinds of other stuff on my trips and it has held strong.

Tim was incredibly helpful with designing a rack that would be perfect for my needs. Would recommend.

In my completely useless opinion (i dont have one) it is the best looking one out there for sure. When the time comes, thats the one ill get for my 100

Flexibility in mounting options and flat design were what lead my choice

Another happy front runner customer here (albeit on an 80) but if in the market again id be heavily tempted by the Prinsu racks. Not sure why he skipped the 100 series. Maybe with enough interest he would entertain adding it to the lineup ?

www.prinsudesignstudio.com

Dave:

If you want one that is truly useful/functional, has tons of product support, and endless configuration varieties/attachments and still looks pretty good (especially with the expo rails) then front runner is the choice. I also liked not having to wait for 6-8 weeks (or longer in some case) for a rack once you have parted with your cash. My front runner rack arrived in about 5 days.

If looks are the paramount concern and you aren't going to use it a ton except for just an anchor point for some lights or to throw some stuff up there every now and then, then the Gobi Stealth looks pretty dang good....

Last edited:
Front Runner zero wind noise even with a 80lb awning hanging in it. Also it will take all you can give it and ask for more.

Just get rack and couple of scratchets and tie down points. Don't get the gay EXPO rails that make it nosiy.

I have a guy that got me a very nice price and the correct length rack.

If Prinsu ever made one that would be close 2nd but will be buying same rack for LX when time comes.

Mine is not loud if the windows are up

I just got a Prinsu for my 4Runner because it was more factory looking. The 100 series....I like the looks of the FR

Bomar hinted to this. Don't simply order a 100 series rack from FR. Make sure you specify you want the full length rack.

Thanks a lot , looks like the full length FR it is , I hope to get one coming in a week or so

2314.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom