100 (2004+) With or without navigation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
*Please delete if this discusion has been had recently, the search option did not provide me with the answers to my questions*

I am looking to buy a 2004+ LC 100 4.2. Going through forums and video's, people dont seem to like the version with navigation? What is the exact reason for this, besides it being outdated, is it such a pain to replace for a decent aftermarket set?

*Please delete if this discusion has been had recently, the search option did not provide me with the answers to my questions*

I am looking to buy a 2004+ LC 100 4.2. Going through forums and video's, people dont seem to like the version with navigation? What is the exact reason for this, besides it being outdated, is it such a pain to replace for a decent aftermarket set?

You nailed the reasons.

The Vline system seems to resolve the issue quite well. I have the original Vline and use it for bluetooth audio streaming. I heard the newer Vline2 works even better.

There is a new screen from teyes that replaces the whole unit as long as you dont have an 06-07.

#1. The version with navigation has the climate controls to be on-screen which are a pain to use.
#2. Limited aftermarket replacements

I have the grom vline, its great but I still have to deal with #1 above.

#1. The version with navigation has the climate controls to be on-screen which are a pain to use.
#2. Limited aftermarket replacements

I have the grom vline, its great but I still have to deal with #1 above.
#1 Sucks. I just wish I had a simple AC on/off button at a minimum. I do like my Vais for what it is though. At least no more splash screen.

My nav is 20 years old and working just fine. Wouldn't want anything else. Just mount a tablet up to a ram mount if you want something more modern. Don't let that be a reason not to purchase the rig is all I'm saying.

Agreed ^ it’s not a deal breaker. Plus, you get a rear view camera. Non nav trucks are very rare in the US, it’d take you a while to find one.

There is a new screen from teyes that replaces the whole unit as long as you dont have an 06-07.
Any install pics/process? I had to put my OEM nav back in after my tesla screen s*** the bed.

Any install pics/process? I had to put my OEM nav back in after my tesla screen s*** the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom