1 HD-FT Timing Belt Tensioner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered timing belt kit from cruiser outfitters and set out to install today. The kit ncluded a tensioner that is not like my vehicle at all. Since my belt did not look very old, I figured I could just go on in and change the water pump, etc. So removing intercooler and all peripheral things in the way, I get back to reassembly. I find the belt they sent is much smaller. My timing box layout is not like any of the ones I find on vids from down under. I tried to use the belt that was previously running, but can’t figure out this springless tensioner. Has anyone seen this style??
63AB78B2-BE46-46B9-8D61-B998ED87DE29.jpeg

It would help to know what engine, year, market we are working with/

You give us no information that allows us to help you.

Be more specific.

The parts on bubble wrap are what came in kit. I understand how the spring tension works from watching install vids from Aus.

When I looked at mine I removed the two bolts holding the silver cylinder, thinking there was a spring in there. It is just some kind of pressure applied to the other piece, I do not see how to get in back in place.
The little post from the cylinder seems like it would make contact on a point near the blue dot. But there is little to no movement in translation like a spring expanding or contracting. Anyone have expierience with this assembly?
EAA90C87-DD71-407A-94B8-A04BD9F3199B.jpeg

Tensioner on bubble wrap is 1HDT (12 valve) and 1990-1998 1HZ style. You will need to exchange that for the pin style that came off your truck.

Your photos need to be edited with correct descriptions. Took me a while to breakdown.

Tensioner on bubble wrap is 1HDT (12 valve) and 1990-1998 1HZ style. You will need to exchange that for the pin style that came off your truck.

Your photos need to be edited with correct descriptions. Took me a while to breakdown.
Thank you sir! for The pin style that came on my truck, do you know the order of installation? Is there a piece missing? Does the pin rest against the post on the piece with the blue dot?

I now can see it is hydraulic and plunger/pin operated. Thanks for responding.

Last edited:
@pasquinel, it sounds like you are discussing this with our customer service team. You were sent a quote for the kit that fits the 1/90-12/94 HDJ8x based on the information our team was given and noted in the quote. We asked you to "Review the attached estimate" and contact us to order. You did place the order for the part. Fast forward 10 months and it appears you have a 1995 and thus the kit you were quoted, ordered and shipped won't fit, we are all in agreement there.

It seems there is a thread here, in the 100 Series section, a PM to me and an email thread going with our customer service guys. Rather than muddy the waters all over the place, I will trust in our teams ability to find a fair solution to the kit and subsequent solution.

For reference of anyone else searching in the future.

Timing Belt Kit - w/ Water Pump - Fits 1/1990 - 4/1998 1HDT/1HZ/1PZ 7x & 1/1990 - 12/1997 HDJ/HZJ80/81 (BELTTK024OEM)
1650324943093.png

Timing Belt Kit w/ Water Pump - Fits 1/1995 - 2010 1HDFT HDJ7x/8x/10x (BELTTK026OEM)
1650325047069.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom