1/4 eplitcal suspension??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everyone starts somewhere,
Besides, that is about the only thing I really know about link suspensions so I like pointing it out ;)

as im doing mine i have a cardboard template for every piece ive cut and welded to my rig. i find its easier to trim and mock-up with cardboard than steel. my axle mounts and link mounts would have been an even bigger pain than they were without cardboard, a sharpie and a sharp razor blade. if you want to get real professional you can throw in some tape too. slow down a little, accept that it wont be done overnight and do better than you think you can. push yourself to be better and the quality of your work will improve. im not claiming to be a jack rice craftsman nor am i able to spend the time that i want to on my build, but i do make it a point to put some extra effort in where i can. part of what pushes me to do better is haveing a buildup going and offering up my work for criticism. when its given i appreciate it and try to be open to ideas given. i do think you can do better work than what you are doing. just slow down a little bit, ask and listen, and remember that cardboard is your friend.. :beer:

learning like you are, chris:cool:

Last edited:
Cardboard and stepping back....................... doing the hmmm for 10 minutes at a time will give you insight.

By the way DHONDAGOD, how did your link project perform in the end???

Rob

Very well put, Chris. Outstanding advice for all who build their own parts. Your build thread on the Pirate Board is a great example of how to integrate design and fabrication. I learned by paying close attention to other's work, especially Butch Lewis. I have always copied designs that I observed to work well on other rigs, and I learned to force myself to be patient.

Radd Cruisers said:
Cardboard and stepping back....................... doing the hmmm for 10 minutes at a time will give you insight.

By the way DHONDAGOD, how did your link project perform in the end???

Rob

i havent wheeled/finished it yet. if my CG was close on the calculator i should have 80% A/S... the lower links are 53" long and im at 102" WB.... im putting in the front detroit and 30-spline longs tonight, then hauling over to my shop in the morning to get some real work done. ill put on my spare p/s box thats now o/h and ported for hydro assist, mounting up my ram and finishing the rear and inside of this thing. my transfer case outputs wont be here for 2-weeks but the rear bbcs shocks from poly perf should be here tomorrow. i still need to do drivelines, cage mods and a whole lot of little nick-knack stuff, including building my fuel tank.... going to try to do the tank on monday....
shakedown is in 4-weeks at the hammers with mace and woody during st pattys day.... :bounce:

chris:cool:

.... Ok I Havent Been On For Quite Some Time... I Have Been Working On Broken FJ40's From Our Last Run With Wasatch Crusiers...

Ok On The Link Setup... I Have Decided To Go The Unique Way... AKA My Own Way.... Se I Know All These Links Of Suspension Links Work.. I Just Want Mine To Me Mine... I Hate Coping.... But It Is All Welded Up And Waiting For Room... I Had To Put It Out Side For Room In Our Shop... So I Soon As I Get It Back In I Will Post Some Pics....

Thanks For All You Support, Help, And Kindness To The Newbie Of Hardcore...

Last Week I Was Able To Get The Rear Axle Welded And Grinded Down, Everyone's Been Getting Ready For Cruise Moab So I Havent Got Time To Work On It. But Within 1-2 Weeks I Have Some Pictures Posted.... Just Been Saving Up Money, And Looking At All The Different Designs.... Im Going To Criuse Moab To Further My Knowlogge About These Link Arms, And To Look Closer At Profits Stuff....

Update.....

Ok Back From Cruise Moab, Got To Drive The New FJ, But The Pics That They Gave Me Are All Wrong.... Got Some Other Cool Things.... And Looked At Profits Junk.... It Was A Quarter Elip With A Hing Bolt..... The On Thing That Helped Me Was The Spring Support And That Was It.... Looked A A Buggy From Spidertrax Which Was Awsome, And A Few Toys That Had Coils.... So, I Just Sold My Car For 350$, And Aslo Have About 400 In The Bank... So I Will Be Buying Some Parts To Put My Engine In First Then My Suspension.... As Soon As I Get A Chance I'll Upload Some Photos....

Hello And Hi Everyone... Well To The Least To Say Is I Have Choose Not To Go Any further.... The Cost Of Everything Was To Much For Me... I Have Bills To Pay... So I Dicieded That Not To Rip Into It Any Further And Buy A Mini Truck, So Im Selling My 40 Junk.... If Anyone Is Interested Its On My Signature...... I Already Sold My Front Axle (Mini Hybird) And Springs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom