Builds 08 GX Slow Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump. Love how this truck looks, its perfect. Bonus for the polar white CRX Si safely chilling in the garage.

The sunroof started to make terrible sounds when fully closing or fully opening. Does anyone know what the possibilities are for what causes this?

Also my wife rearended someone the other day so I am now looking at a replacement front bumper. I am looking at either the SSO or Metaltech bumpers. I would consider an arb if the right deal came up. Will likely wait for a sale.

I finally ordered my Metal Tech front bumper today. Ultimately it came down to straight bolt on versus cutting metal. I will throw up some pictures after I get it.

I jumped on the RCI group buy wagon and ordered the front skid as the factory one is rough looking.

Got the bumper on but working on some fitment issues. Looking good though.

20170310_172357.jpg

Please do a write-up of the fitment issues because I am thinking of getting the same bumper.

John at metaltech is working with me, good group over there and super responsive.

Throwing in a picture of my truck because it eats up most of my wrenching time.

20170225_100804.jpg

Got the front skid, immediate impression is that I should have gotten aluminum. This thing is heavier than I expected but looks great. It has to be heavier than the 35 pounds it claims on the web site.

Thank you. I was able to get the fog lights installed also. I will get some more pictures up since I am driving it for the next couple days.

I included a picture of the clearance issue I have ran into. I am going to try and loosen the winch mount and get it to sit a touch lower. The bumper is already as low as it can go on the winch mount. Metal tech has been very helpful.

My other picture is of the skid. 3 bolts went right in, the fourth bolt seemed pretty stripped when I removed the old one. Looks like there are no good threads left. Fortunately I can get a longer bolt in there because there is clearance above the cross member.

20170315_133014.jpg

20170315_132955.jpg

Has anyone experienced more road noise from adding a front skid?

Lots of people have reported vibrations with adding skids. Some are installing isolators between the plates and the frame.

That's what I was thinking about doing.

I guess I will look around and steal some ideas.

I searched high and low for this but can't find it anywhere. I am looking for a wire pigtail that can plug into the factory fog light harness. If anyone can help me out that would be great. I can't figure out what that connector is called. I don't want to modify the factory wiring.

I searched high and low for this but can't find it anywhere. I am looking for a wire pigtail that can plug into the factory fog light harness. If anyone can help me out that would be great. I can't figure out what that connector is called. I don't want to modify the factory wiring.
I'm trying rob figure this out too, and having no luck. Want to connect the aftermarket LED cubes on my steel tube and plate bumper to the OEM connector. Anyone have a solution?

Well I feel like the GX is just about perfect now. The issue now is that we are expecting a third kiddo and the wife isn't sure that she is going to be able to get three in and out of the rig without a lot of effort. We may have to find something full sized instead.

Well I feel like the GX is just about perfect now. The issue now is that we are expecting a third kiddo and the wife isn't sure that she is going to be able to get three in and out of the rig without a lot of effort. We may have to find something full sized instead.
I have 4 kids. She got a Honda Pilot. I got the GX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom