06 LX Purchase ? Re value (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes with the 2006 & 2007 for no extra charge you get all that nice emissions equipment that will normally not be a "problem" but if it is to be "legal" it's about a $3k fix. But members have ways to by pass and still pass emissions test for a few hundred $, just don't get caught it's a $10,000 fine. Plus the 06/07's are interference engines. We're finding the 1998-2005 are not really interference engines. So if the timing belt breaks on a 06/07 you buy a new engine. Stay on top of the belt service interval.

You sound jealous of '06 '07:grinpimp:
Our '06 is a travel/tow vehicle only and I wanted and need real power and the difference is noticeable.

Why are you trying to scare the OP
How many t-belts have you seen break on a 06 07 or any 100/Lx470? You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning.:eek:
Your "legal" emission is only 3K fix if you nicely ask to be bent over at a dealership. Smart owners can use a Chevy s10 pump for ~$120 or live on the edge and go plug and play for ~$200. As for your $10K fine find someone you has been convicted.:rolleyes:

Luckily I am in Michigan, we do not require emission tests anymore...
Been probably 25 or 30 years since we have needed them.

I am making sure anything I buy has the proper dealer service and I will also stay on top of that as I have a nice
Lexus dealer 10 min from the house.

Not that this is a deal breaker but my biggest complaint of the 06-07 model would have to be the TPMS !

If you live anywhere other than the SW then we all know every change in temp results in the yellow (!) illumination.

When searching for my 100 I test drove both 05's and 06's and I'll honestly say that they were both 2 of the slowest cars I've driven (except for my old 80). They both eat gas like a Ferrari and perform like a lawn mower!

The 06/07 is probably better for towing and the mountains .. But let's face it - taking off from a stop light to 60 mph I never noticed the slightest bit of difference between the 2 (05 vs 06).

If you opened your search to include 05 then you might as well include 03-07 .. That's going to open up the market a ton. This isn't your daily driver - this is your work horse. And miles on these trucks shouldn't be the concern - I'd take one with 150k miles and impeccable maintenance then one with 60k from NYC and no service records.

Opinions .. Like butts, we all have one - and some of them stink!

You sound jealous of '06 '07:grinpimp:
Our '06 is a travel/tow vehicle only and I wanted and need real power and the difference is noticeable.

Why are you trying to scare the OP
How many t-belts have you seen break on a 06 07 or any 100/Lx470? You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning.:eek:
Your "legal" emission is only 3K fix if you nicely ask to be bent over at a dealership. Smart owners can use a Chevy s10 pump for ~$120 or live on the edge and go plug and play for ~$200. As for your $10K fine find someone you has been convicted.:rolleyes:

Why would you want to hide this information from a potential buyer. Sounds like it's not important to you but might be to others.

Why would you want to hide this information from a potential buyer. Sounds like it's not important to you but might be to others.

I'm all for transparency, sharing info, etc. but your anti-06/07 post did come across a little less than objective.

OK well deposit is down, I am having it inspected tomorrow and if all is as good as they say I will be the
Owner of a 2006 Sand Dollar Pearl LX470... Funny I'm selling a newer vehicle to get this (08 Wrangler Rubicon UL 97K miles)
But this will be more comfortable and reliable as a second vehicle at this point in life and I think even safer for my 3 yr old son.

This is one of the few I have seen without the spoiler and with the night vision, which will be nice due to deer when I am up at the hunting property... I did not look for Night View, I know it's expensive to replace the windshield but it had it and it's a nice feature.

I am very excited.
I think I am going to have the VAIS installed and I am likely going to get one of the remote starts that work through your phone, sure will be nice when flying back in Detroit in the winter to get into a warm defrosted truck!
Only negative is Chrome wheels... We have some very good powder coat shops here in Metro Detroit so I may explore that.
I am going to thrown on BFG AT's in 33 right away and will likely do a light tint on the drivers windows.

I'm all for transparency, sharing info, etc. but your anti-06/07 post did come across a little less than objective.

I would by a 2006/2007 but I would want to know everything. Yes I would rather find a clean lower mileage Texas 2003/2005. I think that is the sweet spot for the 100 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom