02 Beast's 100 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice set-up! Just wondering why the piano hinges are surface mounted and not screwed into the inside face of the wood and hidden. I'm not much of a wood-worker so please excuse me.

Nice set-up! Just wondering why the piano hinges are surface mounted and not screwed into the inside face of the wood and hidden. I'm not much of a wood-worker so please excuse me.

Dunno, just liked the way it looked... I am definately not a wood worker either, maybe they would be better mounted the other way?? I keep the area covered with the husky liner for the dog anyways.

Beast - The drawers look good... Fine looking brindle Boxer as well!

Thanks!! He is an Old English Bulldog, everyone thinks he is a boxer.

Thanks!! He is an Old English Bulldog, everyone thinks he is a boxer.[/QUOTE]

I just assumed he was a big Boxer... I had a 100 lb Boxer that died a couple years ago... He was a great dog... We've had 5 Boxer dogs in the family and the most recent is a brindle (first brindle in the family) my younger brother just got about a month ago... Your Old English Bulldog looks like a beast... Is he over 100lbs?

Bandit is pretty cool. Definitely makes me wish I had a dog :frown:
IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0599.jpg

They have to be topside if the "wings" are to open upward. If the hinges were on the bottom (hidden), then they would only fold downward.

I meant why not on the inside of the "jamb" like an outward swinging door.

I looked at it again and spoke to Charles, obviously you can do it either way, I guess it is just personal preference... :meh:

You guys need to change the angle that you mount the drawer to the slide, kick it up a bit in front and down some in the back and they will no longer rub.

^ do your drawer bottoms rub the tailgate as you pull them in/out - mainly when fully extended?

I have the same drawers and discovered my tailgate must not completely open down 90 degrees so with the drawer like they are (flush with the bottom of the cargo floor) they rub some as they are pulled in/out.

Also if you need even more ajustment you can detach the drawer front and raise the drawer on the slide, then re attach the drawer. I think I need to add a chapter on this in the install instructions ;)

Let me know if you keep having trouble, and we will find a solution.

I meant why not on the inside of the "jamb" like an outward swinging door.

but that's not what you typed... :D

you're right, the hinges have to be placed on top, but the barrel (round/cylindrical part) could be placed facing downward so the top is smooth.

I was long overdue for getting some Slee armor underneath and the upgrade from 860's to much needed 863's. Took the 100 in on Tuesday and also came out with new control arms (mine were bent:eek:) and new torsion bars. Supposedly when 4Wheel whorehouse installed my lift, they failed to install OME t-bars, which were ordered and on the receipt from almost 2 years ago. I did not realize OME t-bars are a metallic color, not black like stock:bang:......... Christo's guys fixed that by putting the correct t-bars on, which made a HUGE difference.

New torsions bars + New control arms + Slee armor + front bearings = :clap::steer:
Armor.jpg
Control arms.jpg
863's.jpg

I think you have me beat with the 4.88's and lockers... I am finished for a while, have to save my "allowance" :flipoff2:

LOL 4 wheel parts cranked your stock bars and let you go.... classic. I can see them doing that.

Looks good, glad you finally got your full lift on. 2 years later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom