A late introduction... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, I've been lurking on there for a while and I've posted a few times. I've had my '80 for about a month now. I found a 1 owner non-locked :frown: '97 LX with 74k on it. I bought it from a movie producer in Santa Monica. So far with the info I've read here, I've bought some PM parts from CDAN and lifted my rig. Here is a quick summary of what I've done:

Basic PM work such as replacing PCV valve and grommet. Replaced broken stereo with aftermarket radio (ready for MP3 player). Removed running boards. Added CDL switch. OME lift and springs. Nitto Terra Grappler AT's in 295/75/16.
TEQ stickers from CruiserCrap.

It's getting Mobil 1 this weekend.
krush01.jpg

Welcome, nice Lexus, or should I say, nice 80 with a subwoofer and cladding!

Nice!

Looks familiar. I used to live in Santa Monica. Did the truck already have 285/75s on it when you bought it? If so I think I know it.

David

Welcome!! Nice truck, love to see other lexi's fixed up.

OZCAL,

The truck was completely stock when I got it. Looks like it had a newer set of OEM Michelins that I gave to my pops for his 2wd Tundra.

I tell everyone I got a LandCruiser, then they see it and say "OHH, you got a Lexus..."

Anyone wanna trade badges?

emr88 said:
I tell everyone I got a LandCruiser, then they see it and say "OHH, you got a Lexus..."

Anyone wanna trade badges?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flipoff2:

I think I will keep my boxers too. :princess:

Nice looking truck, nice color. :cheers:

That is exactly what I want my LX to look like! Which OME lift did you do and how do you like the new tires?

never mind, I just saw your specs at the bottom. Doh. Anyways it looks like you got more then 2.5" out of the lift. Did you do any before and after measurements with the lift and new tires?

emr88 said:
...Anyone wanna trade badges?
BLASPHEMY!!!

Where that "L" with pride sir!

You keep that kind of talk up and I'm going to have to confiscate your pink panties :mad:

NorCalDoug said:
BLASPHEMY!!!

Where that "L" with pride sir!

You keep that kind of talk up and I'm going to have to confiscate your pink panties :mad:

Now is that with or without wearing the pink panties that come along with an LX? :flipoff2:

nyk438 said:
Now is that with or without wearing the pink panties that come along with an LX? :flipoff2:

That's sort of a "don't ask, don't tell" type of question...

Personally...I find them quite comfortable...but...that's just me. ;)

NorCalDoug said:
That's sort of a "don't ask, don't tell" type of question...

Personally...I find them quite comfortable...but...that's just me. ;)

Somehow I'm not surprised :rolleyes:

emr88 said:
I've bought some PM parts from CDAN....

It looks like you are a member of the "bought my cruiser with a broken antenna" crowd. You're in good company.

-B-

Beowulf said:
It looks like you are a member of the "bought my cruiser with a broken antenna" crowd. You're in good company.

-B-

I broke my antenna after offroading the first few times, kept forgetting to put it down, :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom