McMaster rear sway bar drops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has any body used this set up before? it drops the swaybar by 2.75" and is as easy as a phone call.

two M8 SS coupling nuts and two M8 x 60mm high vis cap screw

McM # 95430A370 M8 x 60mm high visibility 10.9 bolts (1pkg 25pcs. $8)
McM # 93590A230 M8 SS coupling nut ( 2 pcs $6.40 each)
sway drop 1.jpg

As long as you're brining out the welder, might as well just make it a quick disconnect!

Doesn't look like anything is welded...

Will that coupler nut take the stress? What grade is it?

I agree with the quick disconnect idea but what is the probability of maxing out the shock in rear and as a result the coil falls out?

No welding needed. I think weekest part would be the toyota swaybar post. I belive the forces are pushing and pulling, of witch the Grade 10.9 M8 and 318 SS cupling nut are at least equal in strength as the post that is on the swaybar. yes - no? any how it has worked so far for 10 months and some trail days. that said the coupling nut could easly be welded to the post for insurance(best done before failure on the trail). all ways room for improvment i guess.

This is what I was referring to... :D

Even while disconnected, the coils don't fall out...or hasn't yet!
quick_disconnect.jpg

alia176 said:
This is what I was referring to... :D

Even while disconnected, the coils don't fall out...or hasn't yet!

Where do you get these? Or you gotta make your own

Riad said:
Where do you get these? Or you gotta make your own

Home made!

what do you hold the swaybar out of the way with, when it is disconected? does it not drop down and get in the way ? and do you disconect the front as well?

They're tied up out of the way with bungi cords. The front has hitch pins in stead of the bolts. Honestly, with lockers, I rarely find myself crawling underneath and pulling the QDs :D Since I was extending the rear ones anyway, I thought I might as well build the QD features into them!

Ali

I routinely take both sway bars completely out from under the vehicle when on wheeling trips. Moab Rim, Pritchet Canyon, Golden Spike, Avalanche Ranch, Choke Cherry Canyon. NEVER had a coil drop out...OME Js plus 1".

alia176 said:
They're tied up out of the way with bungi cords. The front has hitch pins in stead of the bolts. Honestly, with lockers, I rarely find myself crawling underneath and pulling the QDs :D Since I was extending the rear ones anyway, I thought I might as well build the QD features into them!

Ali
Copy cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom