Oil for Pump Diaphram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sandcruiser

....back in the saddle again....
Threads
Tried search but oil and diaphram bring up a *lot* of hits

I'm looking for the oil needed to add to the injector pump diaphram on a 2H. If I recall it is some sort of glove oil or something?

Anyhow, have a friend flying down next week and I'd like to mail order the oil sent to him so he can bring it as I doubt I'll find it easily in my neck of the woods.

Thanks!

Add a couple drops every oil change (I always forget to do this...). Do a search of the DTLC archives using neets, for a delightful and entertaining conversation.

gb

humm I need some more info, so I should do this to the pump in my 3B? I need to know where I put it in?

Eric Winkworth said:
humm I need some more info, so I should do this to the pump in my 3B? I need to know where I put it in?
There is a screw on the top of the diaphram area at the end of the injection pump closest to the firewall. Kinda where the edic arm attaches. I think its like 4 drops. I just put mineral oil in there. I've had no problems.

Also does anyone ever clean the fuel feed pump filter right before the priming pump. You should when you change the fuel filter but no one ever does i don't think.

I know I didn't, as far as the diaphram goes I run some crazy lucas, fuel condtioner and upper cylinder lubricant in my diesel a few oz every fill up. Will that help?

silvercrusher said:
There is a screw on the top of the diaphram area at the end of the injection pump closest to the firewall. Kinda where the edic arm attaches. I think its like 4 drops. I just put mineral oil in there. I've had no problems.

Also does anyone ever clean the fuel feed pump filter right before the priming pump. You should when you change the fuel filter but no one ever does i don't think.

Is there a chance someone could take a pic of the place where the oil is supposed to go?or is there a diagram-I have the FSM. I am sure neither the PO nor me have ever messed with that. Also, where is the fuel feed pump filter? sorry for my ignorance...
thanks
Jan

I hope this is it :)
111_1158.JPG

Eric Winkworth said:
alrightly looks like I need some neetsfoot oil!!!!

Ohhhhh, those poor neets!

:D

gb

Jan-78FJ40 said:
Is there a chance someone could take a pic of the place where the oil is supposed to go?or is there a diagram-I have the FSM. I am sure neither the PO nor me have ever messed with that. Also, where is the fuel feed pump filter? sorry for my ignorance...
thanks
Jan

In the FSM it shows the fuel feed pump filter in line with the primer pump. I think it is a little screen. I have often wondered if it really exists but have yet to look. My fuel lines are in need of replacement so i'll dive into it soon. I'll take a pic and show it off if I can find it. Maybe someone else has seen it?

When I had my pump issues, I was told it could be clogged (thanks to Rob Millison), so I checked it out, and it was clean. it is pretty much a brass screen, not really a filter, it is easy to check, as it comes out when pulling out that fuel line. Apparently some trucks don't have it though, but I wouldn't know because most if not all, my experience is with the 81 BJ42.
Cheers,
Deny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom