Vote for Roundup 2006 Dates (1 Viewer)

What date would you like the Roundup to be held in 2006?

• February 15-19

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • February 22-26

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • March 1-5

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • March 8-12

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
Hey Guys,

The weather is historically the same in February as it is in March in Katemcy.

Highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. Rainfall is 1.5" per month.

Please let me know what dates you prefer and why. We need to get this nailed down ASAP.

I'm cool with any of the dates except the March 8th - 12th. I voted for the March 1 - 5 but any of the February dates are OK for me.

I'm OK with any of them but 3/8-12. I'll be in Mexico that weekend (technically, I'll be on the road to Mexico...). I voted for Feb 22, whoch gives me a week between Roundup and Mexico to sober up :D and does not interfere with Val's day on the 14th.

-LilRicky

I voted Feb 22nd but any of them is fine with me.

I voted the first week in March out of deference to the River Shiver. I'll go regardless of the date.

The later the better as far as weather goes. Weather averages don't tell the whole story, the possibility for extremes (mostly freezing temps) is greater in February. The March dates have been near perfect the last two Roundups. But Mar 8-12 seems too close to mid-terms for students, so I voted Mar 1-5.

Tim

I voted for all four dates and think we should put on 4 consecutive roundups next year. It'll be a biyatch for whoever chairs the event and for the poor souls doing registration...

Voted for eraly March...any dates work for me, but the late February will require the club to sponsor an on-site birthday party for Jax...

If we move this to any of the weeks listed it will be the first time in 2 years that I haven't spent my birthday at Katemcy..
I voted 1-5 but in my heart I think we should stick with the traditional 3rd weekend in March. When else could you spend St. Patty's day right down the road from Dublin.

Last edited:
voted early in march.. Doesn't matter as long as there's sufficient time between that and moab and razorback and GSMTR etc.. Early in the year is good, you go too early and the people in the bad weather states might have issues towing down in ice and snow! Nice to escape the weather but not tow thru it..

Wish there was an option for the third week in march. Guess I'll miss another Roundup due to it being the week before my spring break. :frown:

College kids these days :shaking:

Damn, haven't you heard of skipping class? WTF do you want to spend your spring break with a bunch of sweaty old guys anyway?

Skip, come to Katemcy, Spring Break......Padre :D

wngrog said:
College kids these days :shaking:

Damn, haven't you heard of skipping class? WTF do you want to spend your spring break with a bunch of sweaty old guys anyway?

Skip, come to Katemcy, Spring Break......Padre :D

Yeah, that's what you said last year, too. Only problem is if my grades slip, I get to kiss my scholarship money goodbye. And when there's a test that counts for 20% of the grade, it's tough to skip. That, and I'll be an RA (dorm staff) this year.

If I didn't have to sign up and pay so far in advance, I might could pull it off. I just can't see spending $75, and then maybe not being able to go.

Any chance there'd be a way to get a refund in that situation?

TMAN_FJ60 said:
Yeah, that's what you said last year, too. Only problem is if my grades slip, I get to kiss my scholarship money goodbye. And when there's a test that counts for 20% of the grade, it's tough to skip. That, and I'll be an RA (dorm staff) this year.

If I didn't have to sign up and pay so far in advance, I might could pull it off. I just can't see spending $75, and then maybe not being able to go.

Any chance there'd be a way to get a refund in that situation?

You can just show up and pay when you arrive.

Fawking Aggies :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom