Real Time Help: MAF cooler/carrier lube bushings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DomSmith

SILVER Star
Threads
Just installing the M-A-F Tire carrier cooler and without directions ("they don't come with directions") I'm trying to determine if the brass bushings need any lube before I slide in the swing carriers.

Any suggestions

Thanks...
tirecooler1.jpg
tirecooler2.jpg

grease em up

As David suggests, you will want to grease them....and you may find that you need to grease them over time as well.

:beer:

I drilled and taped mine when it was off the truck and put a zerk fitting in there, kinda on the back side so it would not get riped off. That way then i am greasing the drive shafts i do the bumper at the same time, supper easy.

Thanks guys. Lubed 'em up. Installation is pretty straight forward, but I'm a little surprised this didn't come with installation instructions considering the price. But this is one stout motha! Glad I went for this over fabbing my own. I'm going to tool around on the high lift mount later.

Thanks again...
coolerinstalled.jpg

Just installed mine too this weekend. Very stout and well built...shipping was about 1/3 of the purchase price! Holes in my rear crossmember didn't quite line up, but opened them up a bit and it fits. Also suprised about the no instructions, but figured it all out...even the HiLift mount.

Seems like the weight lowered the rear of my 40 some (that's with a BDS 4" lift). Let me know if you need/want pics and I can post some this upcoming weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom