ROTW Clutchee's 1986 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Threads
Guess its time to explain my 60. Just like a lot of cruiserheads I started out with a FJ40 that was to say the least rusted......well due to a family issue I was forced to sell it.:crybaby:

Fast forward a year & during a job of working on Case brand equipment I meet a salesman there that had :bounce:2 Land Cruisers-JACKPOT:bounce2:. Well during this I went to drink a :beer: with him and see his rigs. Arriving at his house I see his FJ40 out side but a wagon is under a car cover........a few minutes later & very curious I ask to see it.
He pulls back the cover & I see a red 86 FJ 60 with 112K on it.
I was in love.:grinpimp:
After a few more visits and :beer:'s I explained I wanted to buy his 60.
He said he had not driven it in 3 years, just started it regularly and nothing else. So after meeting on a price it was mine......:grinpimp::cool::grinpimp:

Acquiring it I did what any person getting a 4x4 did, I took it out to the country where all 4x4 go & proceeded to try everything there-SUCCESS:D
What changed everything was my first GSMTR04, I showed up with a stock
FJ60 with some 31 BFG All Terrains-I thought I came prepared-WRONG.:whoops:
Well after seeing rigs with SOA & TSL's - I started the mods process.

In this rig I wanted to have a trail rig that could handle 3/4 rated trails but also drive there and back. Seems like due to my job I could not afford a tow rig & trailer so my DD would be my trail rig.

So began the mods listed below:
2.5 BDS Lift
1" Daystar Shackles
33X12.5X15 Goodyear MTR's
Full Floating Rear Axle
Re Geared to 4:11's
ARB'd Front & Rear
NO SMOG Stuff
Homemade Sliders
JK Rear Bumper
ARB Front Bumper
Tradesman Roof Rack
Hella Lights

Dents:
Right Front Fender GSMTR 06:frown:
Right Rear Quater Panel/Tail LIght ICBM05:frown:
529001-R1-15A.jpg
529001-R1-E025.JPG

More pics to come:
IMGP1703.JPG
Grayrock 10-05 032.jpg

Freeborn Cruisers Rock!

Where did the name Clutchee originate?

Well I was wheeling at ICBM in 05 with Kowboy, Josh, Nolen.....coming up a hill I smoked the clutch about 3 times.....needless to say Clutchee was born.

Everyone I will add picks later this week of the inside & I was called out today so inside picks were at the house....:frown:

Nice looking rig, where did you run the wiring for the roof lights into the cab?

Very cool man. You got some pictures on Slickrock?

Very cool man. You got some pictures on Slickrock?

I think that's Katemcy Rocks in Texas. Clutchee, I may have met you last year or the year before at the Roundup.

I think that's Katemcy Rocks in Texas. Clutchee, I may have met you last year or the year before at the Roundup.

I figured by the rock. It was in the form of a question ;)

I have been at camp with him just not on the trail...I was busy having my ass handed to me on lower 2 that year.

Got ya..

Great rig!
I cant wait to see more action photos!

Kinda funny, the lil red head kid in the first pic looks like he's running for his life!

Chicago

Awww, quit givin' him the "big head"! That thing is a piece of crap! (You know I'm kidding.) I've logged a bunch of miles with that rig and wheeled with him on just about every ride we've ever been on. Great truck! Ask him for some pics of his wife's truck (it's bigger). Ha!

Later,

Nice looking rig, where did you run the wiring for the roof lights into the cab?

On the pass side roof front, just above where the pass sunvisor bolts in I drilled a small hole:frown: & used a sealing grommet to pass the wires through.

Guess I could have tried not drilling or runnin them some other way in but it has worked well & also kept them out of sight & also from being pulled out.

Awww, quit givin' him the "big head"! That thing is a piece of crap! (You know I'm kidding.) I've logged a bunch of miles with that rig and wheeled with him on just about every ride we've ever been on. Great truck! Ask him for some pics of his wife's truck (it's bigger). Ha!

Later,

:bounce::flipoff2::bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom