Rhino lining the body of a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwb

Threads
You know on a 60 body, it has a definite contour line that extends from the back, goes over the wheels, through the doors and up into the fenders. When it gets to the fender it goes up pretty high. I'm wondering about having that section of the body Rhino-lined or Durabaked since I've got a couple of dents and lots of chipped paint there. Has anybody done this, and if so, how's it look? I see that Durabak now has something called Durabak 18 that's supposed to be UV resistant so it doesn't fade like the original formula. But I haven't used it.

Thanks for your input.

Try searching for completed auctions of 1981-1990 I have seen @ inthe past few months, You may have to search back a bit but there were plenty of pics. I thought it looked ugly but the the bidding went high?
Hope this helps you out.
ERICH

Here's Doc's 60--he posted this pic in another thread a while back.

I don't like it, but that's just me--I prefer single primary color for the 60s. But I could imagine it could come out looking nice.

e3_3(2).jpg

The lining on mine was done by a PO (previous owner) who did it not as a preventative, but after the rust had already taken hold.

From 20 ft, it looks like a factory job, but the closer you get the better you notice the texturized surface.

Overall, it keeps me from having to wash the truck much, dirt doesn't show up well on it.

So Doc, having owned this particular set up, would you do it YOURSELF given the situation?

And what kind of roof rack is that?

TB

Unfortuneately for me the only one that is mine is the one posted by Jman, the other pic (posted by tclndcrz) is not mine.

Personally, I think the lining is fine if its just a wheeler/DD car. Don't expect it to win show points. Seems VERY durable and I kind of like the added 'roughness' look it gives the truck overall.

Plus, you never have to worry about road tar again.

I've got a couple good pics of 60s that have rhino-lined or Herculined or whatever up over the fender like your talking about...but they're at home on my home pc. They're pics of Cruisers that have been for sale at one time or another. I've debated following that line to Herculine my 60, but I don't think it would look good on my blue color... I'll post them up tonight when I get home if they haven't shown up here yet...

-Ferg-

Theferg-
Back when I had a Tacoma, I Herculined the bed. It was great for a few months but UV soon killed it. It faded significantly and the texture became very rough, I bloodied my knuckles often loading/unloading things. I don't know if there is a UV protectant that I was supposed to put on or not. Anyway, just something to think about regarding the Herculiner product.

For me, for it to look good, the original color has to be just right. Like I said, I don't think my blue would look good, but I think that color of those Cruisers above could look good. Here's a quick chop of that one up there.

-Ferg-

Ferg baby, what do you think it would look like on a WHITE truck?

Also, I too hurculined the bed on my samurai and the UV has faded it turbo (diesel) badly. Does rhino have something to prevent that?

TB :banana: :beer:

Rhino Lining has a coating called Ultra Rhino that you brush on to renew the look. The shops use it when doing a repair job, to bring the rest of the old pruduct up to look like the fresh repair. I just used a container on by BJ42 tub (Rhino Lined) and the same container did the exterior of my BJ60 (Hurculined). Both look just like new now. I could almost have done two coats on the BJ60, as it was quite oxidized. We'll see how long it stands up. I piad $10.00 Cdn for the container that did both.

http://www.rhinolinings.com/whatsnew/3_26_2003oem.html

gb

This was after the inital application last spring. Sorry, no new pictures after the Ultra Shine Rhino.

gb

that looks pretty good greg

i was doin a little photo choppin with a blue body and the dark rhino lining just doesnt look right. I bet it would look good with blue rhino lining with the blue body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom