I think i ruined a perfectly good landcruider (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think i ruined a perfectly good landcruiser

I went from 88inch wheel base to 102.5
Before and after. What do you think
trucks (107).jpg
IMG_0043.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, you've got approach angle plus now. I wouldn't say you ruined a perfectly good Cruiser; far from it, actually. But you might ruin some perfectly good fenders unless you trim them. ;)

Just flip the front springs back around and have your front driveshaft shortened. Keep the shackle reversal by pulling the military wrapped spring, flip it, and redrill the center pin hole for that leaf. Simple and brings the front end back around. I didn't like mine either, but I stretched the front about 7 inches, now it is out 3.5 from stock. My 38" tires make it look a lot more centered. Bigger tires would help you too.

I like the shorter wheel base look but the longer wheel base will sure help you get over some larger rocks. I've seen many rigs held back by their short wheel base.

I dig it. I should post pictures up of my rig. My wheel base is at 106" and my 37's stick out past the rear bumper :eek:

Looks a little funny but its growing on me the more I look at it.

If it helps your wheeling than whats the problem?

i think the wheel base is not the problem, its just that the stretch in the wheel base doesn't seem to be proportional from the front to the rear. as the front obviously got more stretch then the rear.

Just stretch out the rear to match the front - wheelbase is a good thing

It's got an underbite.

I'd flip the front springs but thats me, I'd also look at the loose nut behind the wheel;)

Hi All:

If the rig is just for "mall-cruising" then yes, you've f*&ked it good!

But if you 'wheel hard-core, then the rig is just getting better! :beer:

My only complaint is that your rear wheelwell cut-out is a bit "crude." ;p

Regards,

Alan

So Neil-You went SOA! I thought you said you never would. Here is mine:
New40.JPG

take the frount fenders off and go wheelin!!!

So Neil-You went SOA! I thought you said you never would. Here is mine:

I didnt want to...Dave made me do it. If i don't like it it'll be for sale soon and i'll build up my 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom