Brighter Headlights for FJ60??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of brighter replacement headlights for a 60? I am sure mine are working fine but am now used to the more modern, brighter lights.
Thanks

Hella, IPF, Cibie all make a H-4 E-code headlight with a much better beam pattern. you can upgrade the bulbs from 55/60 to higher ONLY if you upgrade the wiring harness. But I bet you would be very pleased with a pair of H-4's even with 55/60watts.

I run IPF's myself in 5 Cruisers......I LOVE em.

John H

I've got SilverStars from AutoZone on my pu, they make them in the round headlight like on my FJ and if it was my daily driver I would have to get them for it. There $20 a piece. I know APC makes some as well that are brighter than the SilverStars but not sure in the round sealed beams.

Chris

I recently replaced my stock headlights with Hella Vision Plus replacement headlights. Popped then in in 10 minutes, adjusted them, and there is a BIG improvement. These are available for about $35 each, and pump out a lot more light than the stock numbers.

Mike S

I've got the e code hella's with 55/60's. I don't dispute that you need to upgrade the wiring or get a harness to up the wattage beyond 55/60. But I see from the fj60 wiring diagram that a relay system from the factory is already in place. True or False? ...so would it still be necessary to upgrade the wiring..

[quote author=jwest link=board=1;threadid=12973;start=msg120035#msg120035 date=1079111030]
I've got the e code hella's with 55/60's. I don't dispute that you need to upgrade the wiring or get a harness to up the wattage beyond 55/60. But I see from the fj60 wiring diagram that a relay system from the factory is already in place. True or False? ...so would it still be necessary to upgrade the wiring..
[/quote]

Since I insatlled the 55/60's from Hella, I did not replace any wiring. When I put the aux. drving lights on, I will use Hellas kit with relays.

Mike S

yes there is a relay, but the power runs back thru the switch and the wiring is undersized for much more than 55/60. WHen you upgrade the harness you run right off the battery, the switch just trips the relay, no real power goes thru it now.

[quote author=jwest link=board=1;threadid=12973;start=msg120035#msg120035 date=1079111030]
[/quote]

I am currently running 55/100w in my 60 with no upgraded wiring harness (not sure why I would need that... But I havent had any problems. Now granted, I typically only use brights in offroad situations and have never had them on for hours and hours straight. But still, no problems and I love the wide and white blast of light.

Jason

I've the Cibie e-code H4s with the suvlights harness and the difference is unf#%&ing-believable, to someone that toiled in the f#$%ing dark by comparison before. But then I also have since put in the Blitz240s and there is no night to speak of now.... :flipoff2: :beer: :beer:

Im going to replace mine too. I think I'll go Hella.

TB

I just bought Hella euro type headlights and the Hella FF1000 7" aux driving lights. Also bought the Hella horns... but that's a different story.

I'm looking forward to being able to see!

Army tanks for the link.

TB

I will mention it again, the Hella's are very nice but the IPF(warning they might have changed the pattern in the last few months) with a Hella bulb is MUCH nicer, the pattern of the IPF is just better IMOP. I would like to get ahold of a set of Cibie's, had a set 15+ years ago and LOVED em

also, for the fj60 get the SUV lights Toyota only H-4 harness. For a fj40 get the normal H-4 harness. If you use the normal in the 60 the highbeam indicator doens't work.

You Pimpster, it's hard for me to believe that a German product (Hella) are inferior to IPF lights!~

I have IPF head lights and driving lights on my diesel samurai.

They are bright.

TB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom