Man-A-Fre 24 gallon auxilliary tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased the new Man-A-Fre 24 gallon Long Range auxiliary fuel tank and have had it installed. Apparently it is the first in the US. It is made by Longrange Automotive in OZ.

My initial concern was the fit of the tank because of the 4x4 Labs rear bumper. The placement of the bumper required cutting the frame and the placement with the bumper. At first it seemed that it was not going to be possible, the “rear mounting bar” was not able to be positioned. Then we realized that the 4x4 bumper could be used instead and actually saved effort. From that point it went pretty well.

The kit comes with a fuel pump, filter, a combination fuel gauge/on off switch for the fuel pump and assorted wires and hoses. There is a front and rearmounting bracket.

The kit has a twin filler neck which required the removal of the factory filler neck and replacement. The front mounting bracket bolts onto the frame in pre drilled locations. We did not use the rear bracket. The installation was pretty straight forward, especially since I have a 4:banana: type doing most of the work. :D :D It was about 6 hours of work.

The pump seems to have filled the main tank in about 20 minutes.

The installation was easier than anticipated and there was really only one problem. The fuel gauge reads constantly low. We will likely drop the tank when the fuel level is down and see what is going on. I have enclosed pictures of the tank, lower portion of the filter neck, pictures of the fuel guage/pump switch and the vehicle. I have 863 OME in the rear, 285/75/16’s and both tanks are full.
1fuel.jpg
1fuel2.jpg
1fuel3.jpg

That's awesome-I want one.

I was curious about the blue / yellow striped hose. Is it rated for use as gasoline fuel vent line?

I don't see the tank on man-a-fre's website...guess since it is new hasn't yet been posted? How much $$$? I need more fuel capacity.

Rich said:
I was curious about the blue / yellow striped hose. Is it rated for use as gasoline fuel vent line?.

I hope it is rated.:eek: It came with the kit and hopefully it is correct.

The cost was $800+S/H.

I forgot to mention how helpful Steve at Man-A-Fre was in getting this to me. He is great to deal with!

Last edited:
Are those still in stock...I just checked yesterday for an auxilliary tank...I did'nt see any left? Have you had the tank for a while?
airlaird

that looks very nice. I can't imagine feeding the cruiser even more fuel right now.

I only asked about the vent line because it looks more like hose for use with water.

Looks like the fuel fill line is imprinted with specifications, looks similar to marine fuel fill line that I have installed on my boat.

The vent line looks similar to fresh water (potable drinking) hose that I also installed on my boat!

Looks great Richard and now you've got some better range with that sucker.

Where is your first long range trip going to take you?

You hiring down there for someone that makes about as much cash as you??

:grinpimp: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

beno said:
Looks great Richard and now you've got some better range with that sucker.

Where is your first long range trip going to take you?

You hiring down there for someone that makes about as much cash as you??

:grinpimp: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I may be doing something in September. It might be out west. I don't know which vehicle to take--If I get into high altitudes, it will be in the 1997. The SC will help.:D

Definitely, it won't be anywhere near OHIO.:grinpimp: :flipoff2: :D

Onur, good luck with your job search. If you need somebody to tell your potential employer that you aren't qualified to do anything let me know!:grinpimp: ;p

Nice, it looks good. Now you can do 500 miles between fills. I'd like to have one if it didn't stick down that far. Maybe something about 15gal with some skid plating would work for me.

MaddBaggins said:
Nice, it looks good. Now you can do 500 miles between fills. I'd like to have one if it didn't stick down that far. Maybe something about 15gal with some skid plating would work for me.

My guess is that with the rear bracket that was sent and a non 4x4 Labs rear bumper, the tank would be about 3/4" higher. Luke at 4x4 Labs is apparently able to change the position of the rear bumper support--that might be some benefit.

MaddBaggins said:

Me too. Royal Rose wrote a great article in TT (may/june) about his 15gal. aux tank system using OEM parts & custom tank. $571

Big Moose has the oem one that tucks between the spare & underbody- bastid! hehe

The Manafre looks sweet tho. It would be great to have that extra capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom