Loose gear shifter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how do you tighten up the gear shifter so that it does not shake?

Transmission shifter?? 4spd. FJ60?? transfer case shifter?? narrow it down a bit...

sorry i was not specific it is a FJ62 with of course an automatic tansmission.

That would be a linkage adjustment, several threads on this in the archives..Search my friend

Those 2 plastic bushings #044 wear-out causing shifter rattle
065C.jpg

I bought those two bushings 2 years ago. Finally replaced them today. 30 minute job and I got to clean up inside the shifter box. Now the lights are brighter and I can see the red selector now as well. Completely transformed the driving experience!! Nice and tight shifter in all directions now. No brainer.

AND... a fellow mudster just posted the specs for the bushing, should you be lathe-equipped and willing to make your own. Thread is here:

FJ-62 Shifter Bushing Drawing

Not trying to duplicate threads, just making sure this is accounted for in the FAQ section. Cheers!

This is great. I have the same exact problem with my FJ62 88 and need the bushings replaced. I have been calling around to dealers in my area and nobody can find it and haven't had to much luck online or with my mechanic. If anyone knows of a place that sells these great. If I can't find anything I may just try to get it made myself.

New to forum and I wanted to try this fix before venturing into the more intensive permanent fix. Worked like a charm and makes a tremendous difference for a small investment. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom