Builds fj55 build, colorado style (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to finisht it for Moab this year.
I have way to much work to do
pig1.jpg

Info? Looks sweet

Eric

i built a custom swing arm for the rear and custom radius arms for the front. coil springs front and rear. chevy 360, sm465-205-203.
i am in the process of rust removal and repair. i cut off my rockers and chopped off about 8 inches off of the rear quarterpanel.

Nice Ben, Colorado Style! Finaly got some info up, Glad to see you postin ;)

now we just got to get some more info and photos out of you!, send them to me and i can post them!

the rust is not too bad, but 3-4 of the body mounts are being completly redone, Most the other rust was cut off this weekend :grinpimp:

I think the Plan is 37's.. and Of Course a Redline Roll Cage :p

More Photos of the Buildup!

Ben Built a new front Crossmember, and got the Rear Suspension almost together.. it may sit an inch or 2 higher at ride height.. 37" BFG's on H2 wheels..
Cross member.JPG
tires3.JPG
tires.JPG

Last edited:
Fidty fibe in hard core, now your talking...........................

Cool build.

the plan is FJ80 Front Coils In the Rear, the swingarm shown. plus a track bar. Ben was working on the Buckets and Spring mounts last weekend, he should have it all figured out this weekend, ill get some photos up soon.

Im Happy to see that he is thinking outside the box.. should be one bad ass Pig when its all done!

wow thats one BIG fj... im guessin this thing is not gonna be use on tight narrow trails? because it looks like that would be a little difficult.
Its definatelly really cool lookin though... but me bein kinda new to this whole thing i cant tell what im lookin at with the little amount of pictures. even though what i can see looks very well built! AND some very pretty welds i might add...

o yeah and what axles are you usin for this thing?? stock fj55 axles and what kind of power plant if yall have gotten that far into though about this.

the plan is FJ80 Front Coils In the Rear, the swingarm shown. plus a track bar. Ben was working on the Buckets and Spring mounts last weekend, he should have it all figured out this weekend, ill get some photos up soon.

Im Happy to see that he is thinking outside the box.. should be one bad ass Pig when its all done!

WOW...on the coils...Is there a reason you guys are using 80 front coils? Those seem to need a lot of weight to compress and they don't have a very good extended range.

just wondering.

The Engine is a Chevy 360

The Rear Axle is a 14 Bolt, Front will be a 60 once he gets it cleaned up and in place..

Yes it will be wider than stock, but as you see in the photos, only about 4" of tires outside of the body.. Wider is better, especially on a top heavy wagon like this.. We have pretty wide trails here in the west!

We are trying to keep it Low, in the photos the body is not sitting down on the frame perfect just yet, he has alot of rusty body mounts to rebuild.. the goal is to have minimal up travel and lots of down travel, with center limit straps..

Front 80 Coils? I don't know, Ben is not one to conform to what others have done.. if they don't work he will change them.. This rig was never intended to have extreme Flex. They will also be mounted inside the frame rails vs. outside on the front of an 80 series..

BTW FJben, this is the rig that got everyone scared when they saw the photos of your 55 rolled, Ben was up at WyoTech when that happened..

WOW...on the coils...Is there a reason you guys are using 80 front coils? Those seem to need a lot of weight to compress and they don't have a very good extended range.

just wondering.

i kept the fj80 stock bump stops and attached them to tubing thats the same size so the coils can drop out at least 8 inches after its extended.

Front 80 Coils? I don't know, Ben is not one to conform to what others have done.. if they don't work he will change them.. This rig was never intended to have extreme Flex. They will also be mounted inside the frame rails vs. outside on the front of an 80 series..

Front coils mounted inside the frame rails? Is that gonna interfere w/ the steering linkage or is he gonna run full hydro?

i kept the fj80 stock bump stops and attached them to tubing thats the same size so the coils can drop out at least 8 inches after its extended

Are the coils captured at the top of the buckets or at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom