Builds My 55 project. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I figured I would post this up in here since I didnt make too many friends in the 40-55 forum when I posted up my project idea.And I cant really put this in the 55 forum because I think someone would find out where I live and hurt me. ;p So here it is.

This is my 69 FJ55.

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Its hard to get a pic of the damage but there are a hundred or so dimples from the inside out from someone beating out dents from the inside.Also rust in the common roof areas.

IMG_0478.jpg

Last edited:
Another shot of the roof.

IMG_0479.jpg

I think I am going to go for something like this idea for the roof.

55vert.jpg

Im putting the 55 body on my chevy frame :grinpimp: This is my Chevy.

Img_0124.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Last edited:
The shop is at my buddys house and this is his buggy :grinpimp:

IMG_0475.jpg

This is another friends truck in the shop.Both are on 49" IROKs :grinpimp:

IMG_0474.jpg

That dozer buggy looks sick, im not always a big buggie fan but that one is sweet.

So, how closely does the chevy frame match the 55 body? Its not a dumb thing to do, why take the time to swap in 60s and a sbc and s*** when you can just drop the body on top and call it done.

-Matt

Sounds sweet keep us posted

I'm another 55 guy that doesn't take offense. I like the feeling of cutting sheet metal off a cruiser, and not replacing it. 55's have too much metal anyways. Since your name is in reference of the colonel himself, how about I send you some very rusty fenders in exchange for those before you chop them:)

So what is the purpose of the frame swap? My 55 frames hold up better than any chevy frame (I've killed 2 when I was younger). Is it just to utilize a drivetrain setup that is already tuned in while avoiding the high costs of cruisers? What's going to happen to the ass end of the pig? And out of curiousity, what's gonna happen with the fuel tank?

nice...can't wait to see what you guys do to it....do take pics and keep us up to date.

I saw this in 40 tech and still think it's a badass idea. I personally dig anyone who want's to try something new:cheers: .
Go for it man and good luck. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Kevin

That dozer buggy looks sick, im not always a big buggie fan but that one is sweet.

So, how closely does the chevy frame match the 55 body? Its not a dumb thing to do, why take the time to swap in 60s and a sbc and **** when you can just drop the body on top and call it done.

-Matt

That buggy is a beast :grinpimp: Propane fed 502,465,Klune,and a Lomax.Its been in Four Wheeler and was an alternate for last years Top Truck.

The frames a a bit different but Im going to rework some stuff as to run very little or no body lift.And yes,way easier to swap bodies :D

The 55 forum doesn't call me names and I post up projects that make purists cringe all the time, including chopping the top off this spring.

I'm gonna go all the way to the front doors and put a 4Skinner soft top on it

Im gonna do the rest of the top like this pic (cut out the center)but leave a little more after the windshield and make a soft top for it.Want to keep it somewhat element free in the cab :D

attachment.php

Chris

I'm another 55 guy that doesn't take offense. I like the feeling of cutting sheet metal off a cruiser, and not replacing it. 55's have too much metal anyways. Since your name is in reference of the colonel himself, how about I send you some very rusty fenders in exchange for those before you chop them:)

So what is the purpose of the frame swap? My 55 frames hold up better than any chevy frame (I've killed 2 when I was younger). Is it just to utilize a drivetrain setup that is already tuned in while avoiding the high costs of cruisers? What's going to happen to the ass end of the pig? And out of curiousity, what's gonna happen with the fuel tank?

Those fenders have rust in the bottoms,ya just cant see it :D

Im using the Chevy frame because I have everything on it I could ever want and its all mounted already.Way easier to swap a body than mount all of my stuff in the Toy frame.As far as the back,I have not decided yet.Not sure about the fuel tank either.The 55 one is sweet cuz it is mounted up so high,but I like the capacity of the Blazer tank.I need to get the body mounted and then I will decide.

Chris

Got the cab off this weekend :grinpimp:

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom