JULY POTW - nuclearlemon's blue piggie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
i was trying to sell my 60 a couple years ago, to weed down the overflowing cruiser herd, when the offer of a trade came up. i loved my 60, but i'm a swine lover at heart.

originally built up by trapper50cal, i've been tweaking it here and there, fixing a few small things, breaking others, then having to fix those too. yep, it's a pig.

first thing i did was go through the hydraulics and throw a locker and winch on it so i could take it to moab and wheel it. i still remember gary cobberly-waggoner laughing as he watched bondo fly out of the front fender everytime i flexed the tire into it on cliffhanger. i also remember he and a few others were amazed when they watched me turn the steering wheel multiple revolutions without the tires budging, or the tires turning sharply while i held the steering wheel steadfast.

needless to say, power steering is a planned future mod.

right now, i'm working on finishing up the last of the things that don't work or not well. i've got to strip and clean the rear window regulators then, readjust the arms for the lift window in the tailgate and fix the rear heater. then everything will work.

next will be the body. i've rebuilt the front door upper hinges and the lf door is perfect, but i think the rf door is cracking away at the lower hinge like our babies are so prone to do. i've also cut away the offending front fender and made some patch panels, i just have to final cut them and weld them in.

rockers, rear sill and the non existant body mounts will be happening after that. motivation will tell how much farther i'll go ;)
DSC04027.JPG
DSC04168.JPG
DSC04277.jpg

the underside needed some cleaning and the knuckles were in typical cruiser neglect, but that's something i freakishly enjoy doing. i love having a cruiser that looks clean underneath, so a bit of work was started there. someday i'll finish.

i also fixed a couple of sketchy electrical parts, upgraded to a 60 series starter, made longer heavier duty sway bar links, and relocated the rear shackle hangers almost two inches forward to get some angle on the shackles. oh, yeah, and i got rid of the spokes and went back to factory rims with hubcaps, cause hubcaps look cool with knobbies:)
dirty.JPG
clean.JPG
clean rear.JPG

I really like the looks of those Swampers and the stock wheels. What size are the tires and how much lift?

tires are a 34x10.5, lift is 4" springs with maf shackle reversal kit and 2 1/2" over rear shackles

Just love the action shots.......really gives the visual of what these rigs are made for.......and you've inspired me to crawl underneath with some degreaser and a scraper and get back to it!

The first time I saw this pig was when Trapper had it in Durango. I saw it sitting on the street and I drug my friend (who is NOT into cruisers) around to the shops nearby asking "who's blue and white landcruiser?" I finally found him at one of the pubs there and he gave me the tour of all the engine work he'd done as well as other little things that only us piggy people would appreciate.

Fast forward, I saw that he was looking to sell/trade and Ige and he struck a deal. Then, I was out in Denver, met up with Ige and saw the pig again, this time along with the others in her herd in her driveway. I am glad to see that it's being used and cleaned up. It's a good pig.

Thanks for sharing the story, Ige.

More power to ya !! IH8 doing knuckles, I end up looking like tar baby for two days and the smell stays in my beard for a few more. Nice piggy Ige :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Now back to some wine and getting my act together for CMCC in a couple days.

lol..i'm not a clean wrencher, so i end up looking pretty greasy at the end also. it's amazing how awesome a shower can feel after a front end job. but the satisfaction is awesome, plus, you know how crappy it can be, so i never let it get that hideous again.

hopefully, after black hills i'll get some more work done on it, starting with replacing the front fender rot wtih real steel (i'm halfway there, the bondo is gone and initial panels are cut).

either way, i'll still be working on making it better, in addition to getting my beloved "pickle" going (nothing quite like reviving a pig!)

Are you taking the 80 or the Piggy to Black Hills?

80. piggie is just too tippy and would freak robert out. plus, no real protection yet (sliders/skid plate). the 80 i don't care if i damage.;)

Did you not take the pig to CM? 4WDtoyowners says Redline's was the only Pig there.

i did last year, but i didn't take a rig this year. bob bancroft loaned me his sweetass diesel 60 to wheel.

i did last year, but i didn't take a rig this year. bob bancroft loaned me his sweetass diesel 60 to wheel.

Koool, Bob offered me up one of his rigs last year and the year before and the year before.

Great cruiser folk.

Nice ride Iggy.......

Did you not take the pig to CM? 4WDtoyowners says Redline's was the only Pig there.

4WD Toyota owner is wrong about only one 55 at CM09!!! They must not have paid too much attention as mine was there. At one time, it was even parked in front of the Redline 55.

Here's a pic of me holding up dieselcruiserhead's new barn doors on the back of my 55.
attachment.jpg

4WD Toyota owner is wrong about only one 55 at CM09!!! They must not have paid too much attention as mine was there. At one time, it was even parked in front of the Redline 55.

Here's a pic of me holding up dieselcruiserhead's new barn doors on the back of my 55.

that's right...you were there this year! btw, got another axle housing for you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom