Junkyard find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
Was out at our local picknpull and stumbled upon this sitting in with all the import cars. Had a V8 conversion. looked sad. There are a few good parts...not many tho.
DSC00077.JPG
DSC00076.JPG

that is definately a salvagable cruiser!!! (says he who is 3 years today into getting one in a little better shape back on the road)
but if you can part it out there are a few parts I could use off of it. I need a door limitor strap espcially the pieace on the door frame.
but do see if you can save it
jason

Pull the doors, tailgate, etc and any other parts you can grab throw them up for sale. Should try to save it from the crusher!

Looks like there are a lot of parts worth saving, front bib, fenders (maybe) tailgate, tail light buckets, doors and seat frames. Save it for those at least.

Ben, you have not yet begun to appreciate what the cruiser Gods have in mind for you!

If you cannot buy the rig, the LV world will no doubt assist you in figuring out what you should be removing from this rig regardless. Here's a list of what I can think of, using my numbering system for organization

090-4 wheel drive cable and control box
120-steering wheel and horn button
130-shock tower pins
140-stock hydraulic cylinders [brake and clutch master]
150-bib
152-glovebox door
153-front and second doors [or at least the regulators and all locking hardware plus handles]
154-seats
157-tailgate and hatch
160-taillight buckets
161-all stock dash switches [I would like to get these from you if possible]

Fate as dealt you an interesting hand there. Good luck

Best

Mark A.

What shape is the hood ornament in? Bent, missing studs, pitted or ? And I would like the grab bar, too:)

Last edited:
wow, i didn't think there'd be this large of response to it. I really only looked at it for a few minutes as I was searching for other parts. It was more of a sad sorta "look what I saw" while in the yard.

I may be able to pull parts saturday. There is a 55 that people are wanting parts from at the same junkyard as well. I won't be able to get there until saturday monring. I have no idea other than these pics what shape the parts are in or whats all there.

time is HUGELY valuable to me (as it is to everyone)...2 kids in school yadda yadda. I just really want to make sure people would definitely be intersted buying the parts for sure.

That is East Coast Mint.

Some people start with less than that for a restoration.

I represent that :flipoff2::crybaby::beer::beer::beer:

i would definately be intersted in the door pulls. they are 2 screws on the door jam and a bolt ont he inside of the door. i need 2
Jason

Care to post the number of the yard so we can call for parts? Or if you have time to pull them and let me pay you for your time +?

The yard has no idea what vehicles they have. It's your typical pic/pull. They keep no inventory. It's anderson's salvage in greeley. Like I said I can probably do saturday and pull some if people are really intersted. I can compile a list and see if that works for people.

I am DEFINITELY in!! I'll gladly pay for the parts list I sent you. Maybe you can add the glovebox door to the list if Mark doesn't want/need it!!

Here's a few more pics. I can tell you though parts are disappearing off of it. The 55 already had parts disappear from yesterday. here's a few more pics I just snapped. It's litereally 3 minutes from work.

The VIN is 3~FJ45 - 14433

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

Add the visors to my list please!!!

I am in for the hood ornament and grab bar. Thanks for the hard work!!

I am in for the hood ornament and grab bar. Thanks for the hard work!!

Judging by the rust on the underside of the hood, I believe that one has the OEM hood crease. :lol:

dibs on the shag carpet :D

someone needs to get the firewall thingy......whatever its called

If you are talking about the Chrome strip on the hood...is that what you mean by hood emblem? It's dented and de-chroming so it's not really good.

Landpimp, I noticed the firewall cover and wasn't sure if it was OEM or aftermarket. It looks to be in good shape...getting it off may prove tough but one could make repro's from it rather easily. Of course the shag carpet is HIGHLY desirable and full of hantavirus!

I may try to go at lunch tomorrow and pickup some parts as they seem to be disappearing quickly. But I won't promise anything, if what you are wanting is there saturday I"ll pull it.

It appears some of the F engine is in the back, no real special parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom