Baja 250 March 12, 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
I am heading down to San Felipe Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday to check out my favorite BAJA race, the 250. I like this race the best because you can see the race vehicles go by you twice and since the race is short they are usually running balls to the wall!
I might be meeting up with my buddy who pits for the MasterCraft trophy trucks like I did in November for the 1,000 (Photos)

Race info can be found here: Score-International - 25TH ANNUAL MASTERCRAFT SAFETY TECATE SCORE SAN FELIPE 250

Here is a map of where I camp and the spots I usually view the race from. But the course map has not been posted yet so these locations could change.

Photos of Camp
P1010192.jpg

P1010177.jpg

Photo of AM race viewing spot
P1010115.jpg

Photo of PM race viewing spot
P1010169.jpg

So if you want to tag along post up and let me know!
*NOTE* this is the weekend after TDS.

I just got back from Baja a few days ago. I wish I could of extended my stay for another two weeks.

We expect lots of pics!

Awesome pics, Mark.

We camped on the beaches along the Bahia Concepcion.

Hiking, kayaking, riding motorcycles, and just plain relaxing on the beach. I need to pack my scuba gear next time.

--
Joey

Survived another trip to Baja and even broke the cardinal sin of crossing the border late at night. But it was either cross late or not going at all.

I took all video this trip from three different race locations. I am working on piecing them all together into three videos rather than 40 ten second videos. So I will post up later this week when I get them uploaded onto my youtube page.

The best part of the trip was meeting a fellow LC owner from Mexicali who had some custom sliders built up for only $130. So I am going to look into this and verify all the details and then pull the trigger on a set and report back.

Now it's onto my next trip next month for the weekend of 04/15 B-Day Trip. Mojave Rd., so look for a thread on that trip!

I think it should read more like "I C===3 Dirt". I miss the days of riding & chasing...

Last edited:
The best part of the trip was meeting a fellow LC owner from Mexicali who had some custom sliders built up for only $130. So I am going to look into this and verify all the details and then pull the trigger on a set and report back.

I fianlly uploaded some pics of Joaquin's Mexicali Cruiser. After I get back from the Mojave Rd I am going to put aside a weekend to have some installed.

bluetribal-albums-misc-picture18428-mexicali-sliders.jpg

Oh and here is a ladder he had done as well by the same fab guy.

bluetribal-albums-misc-picture18429-mexicali-ladder.jpg

$130 for sliders is outstanding.

That is one crazy looking ladder, I would be afraid I would catch it on some rocks or a treebranch.

Yeah, I just need to verify the thickness of the steel being used if it's not up to par then I will bring my own steel and it will still be a screaming deal. Also I plan to have a much simpler designed slider. Joaquin, the owner wanted a slider that looked like the stock steps.

Yeah, but in Baja I don't think you have much to worry about snagging that ladder on. That thing will hold up to most bushes in Baja.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom