ROTW-MaddBaggins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
I think my ROTW starts tomorrow but I will be to busy to do this then. So, without further ado:
My rig
94 LC with 125k on the clock
I bought the rig last June with just under 114k on the clock and she was immaculate inside and out. The inside is still really clean but I have scratched and dented the outside pretty well. I do wash her quarterly whether she needs it or not. She had spent a good part of her first 10 years being towed behind a big RV and not wheeled much.
When I got it, it had a cheapie roof rack that eventually lost a battle with a tree. No more roof rack for me. It had a fugly front bumper and it was on 285 MT's. other than that it was totally stock.
Now that I started making a list I realize I have done a lot of little things so here it goes
Maintainence:
engine oil- Mobil 1 15w-50 with Toyota big filter
diffs and transfer case- Mobil 1 75w-90
tranny- Mobil 1, dropped the pan and cleaned the screen
air filter- Toyota
plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap and rotor- Toyota
PCV valve
PHH replaced (after it blew :crybaby: )
radiator flush, new t-stat and hoses
birfield repack at 121k
front caliper rebuild, complete brake system flush

Mods and Accessories:
2.5 OME heavy lift from Slee
xfer case skid plate from Slee
extended SS brake lines from Slee
custom front bumper https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=46827
extended diff breathers
Optima red top
Hawk HPS front brake pads
285/75 r16 Yokohama Geolander AT's on black steel rims
homemade front sway bar spacers https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=44699
Midland CB with Firestix antenna
Center diff lock switch with pin 7 mod
2.5lb extinguisher
Co2 tank
Pioneer sat ready CD player with Planet Audio door speakers, Planet Audio tweets in dash, 2 Crossfire 8" subs in custom box, 700w 5 channel Planet Audio amp/crossover with bass remote
Hi-lift
Sold the 3rd row

Future plans basically in this order:
Custom drawer system to enclose my sub-box and cleanup the back end
Custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier
Custom sliders
remove fender flares and Rhino the sides
Sat radio
dual battery set up
fridge
new front seats, maybe Carbeau(sp?)
Warn winch w/multimount for my front and rear receiver
ARB lockers
snorkel

I love this rig and I enjoy working on it just as much as I do wheeling it. Look for me smashing my rocker panel in the Land Cruiser documentary
:doh:
Here are some pics of Toto
P6104691.jpg
P6104714.jpg
DSC00728.jpg

Last edited:
CB and stereo pics

more pics
DSC00723.jpg
DSC00725.jpg
DSC00727.jpg

NIce rig, could you post a photo of the antenia mount, I think we did the same thing :D
Steven

One thing I will say is that pictures do not do your front bumper justice. It is a really nice one. Hint hint

Ross

some more pics of the CB antenna mount. I ran the coax under the carpet to the rear passenger quarter panel then out thru a small notch I cut at the bottom of the taillight.
DSC00729.jpg
DSC00730.jpg
DSC00733.jpg

LR_RESQ said:
I'll buy your front bumper from you... :D

Sorry, no way! I use it to push LR's outta my way on the trail. :D

Cool color! I wash mine about once a year since the color hides dirt really well.

What kind of steel rims are your using?

97 FZJ80 said:

Whatever kind they sell at Discount tire. I don't remember if they are Krawlers or American racing or...I think all the plain black steel rims are pretty much the same. They all sell for between 60-70 bones each and you can find them anywhere. :cheers:

1) Nice front bumper, I really like how tight in fits!

2) How do you like the Yokohama's? I have been thinking about getting a set of those or Toyo AT's.

Can you relate the to another tire in terms of wear, road noise, etc? Such as a BFG AT?

The Yokohama's have real good road manners. I have put about 10k on them now and rubbed a few chunks off the edges from the rocks, but they still have pretty low noise. I had BFG MT's on it when I got it. They were pretty worn out and made a lot of noise and vibe. I had 31" BFG AT's on an old Pathfinder I used to have. They never bothered me, I think the only real difference between Yoko's and BFG is Yoko's are less $ and have a better warranty and BFG's have a better sidewall. :cheers:

MaddBaggins said:
Whatever kind they sell at Discount tire. I don't remember if they are Krawlers or American racing or...I think all the plain black steel rims are pretty much the same. They all sell for between 60-70 bones each and you can find them anywhere. :cheers:

What size are the rims? What is the backspacing on the rim? This sounds like a inexpensive way to get a second set of wheel to mount the offroad tires.

97 FZJ80 said:
What size are the rims? What is the backspacing on the rim? This sounds like a inexpensive way to get a second set of wheel to mount the offroad tires.

Size 16x8, but backspacing, you got me!?
I went out and looked at the reciept, it says 16x8 6-5.5
if that means anything. I have a family friend whos a manager of a Discount tire so I just went to him and asked for black steel rims that are the same size as the stockers. :cheers:

97 FZJ80 said:
Cool color! I wash mine about once a year since the color hides dirt really well.

I agree! I let God wash my old Montero every time it rains! It's right good of Him to do that for me!He dosen't rinse very well. I have to clean the windows every time.
I am repairing a rolled 80. Check out "sunny belly" thread on this site. The truck turned turtle on a rainy, muddy club run last winter in Martinez Canyon. Crushed the roof and left side pretty hard. A '96 80 with lockers, all power & leather, I couldn't let salvage have it. NO WAY!! Lots of screwing around, but it beats engine work anytime. I have about $3800 in it, $4000 if I include the winch that is still in the box (got a steal deal on that). It's almost ready for paint. Then a lift and a front bumper to hold the winch.

Very impressed Alvin and this is from a guy that has wheeled with you. Didn't realize all the mods. Hope the b-day party went well.

ROTW part 2

Hey there, were waiting. Revival of your previous ROTW with what you thought were your future mods:

Future plans basically in this order:
Custom drawer system to enclose my sub-box and cleanup the back end
Custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier
Custom sliders
remove fender flares and Rhino the sides
Sat radio
dual battery set up
fridge
new front seats, maybe Carbeau(sp?)
Warn winch w/multimount for my front and rear receiver
ARB lockers
snorkel