New bumper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided today to build a new bumper to replace the sorry factory bent up eye sore.
I still haven't decided on the final design .
Here is the base structure that will incorperate a winch .

bumperlc003.jpg

Last edited:
Cardboard templates.
Picking up the steel tommorow.

bumperlc004.jpg

Looks sweet so far man , you gonna put some tube hoops for protection on the lights and grill? Looking at building a bumper for my Ruthy soon.

Looks sweet so far man , you gonna put some tube hoops for protection on the lights and grill? Looking at building a bumper for my Ruthy soon.

Thanks
I have a small 4'' rise hoop ready to go in.

Cardboard templates.
Picking up the steel tommorow.

bumperlc004.jpg

Make the sides higher so it lines up with the front end and fender flares better. Currently, there is a big gap there and, IMHO, I think that looks like the bumper is out of place. That is the only reason I don't like the Slee Short bus bumper. Other than that, great start!

I agree but it's harder than it looks to tie that gap in.
I can raise the whole wing 1/4'' and add a rise at the flare to keep the gaps even and still look decent..

I'm now on a delta 4 design but did weld the main support and winch tray .
Next week the wings.

holister010.jpg

Getting closer to complete.
One side is done and the other is cut and ready to install tomorrow.
I raised the wings up aprox 1'' to reduce the gap at the flares.
I still need to make a winch/headlight guard and some misc pieces and it's done.

v3bumper008.jpg

v3002.jpg

Looks really sharp. Love that style of bumper.

Thanks
I looked at a few before building it to get ideas and possibly would have added tubes to the outside of the winch tray instead of plate wings if I had a decent tubing bender.
So far I'm ldigging it.

I'm personally not a fan of tube bumpers. They can look okay, but never look 'finished' to me.

Probably the only thing I'd consider doing differently is to trim the bottom of the body, and tuck the bumper even further back.

I like it, can't wait to see the finished product with hoop/ stinger installed.

Why? He built this for himself only. Not like he's trying to reproduce and sell it.

I'm not being serious, just poking fun at another thread on here...

A shop built a bumper that looked somewhat (not much really...) like another persons bumper on here and there was a s*** storm over it.

I built my own front bumper and lots of folks have messaged me about ideas for there own. I have no problems with it at all, its actually flattering.

"Wasnt me" built a great bumper here and it shows.

A shop built a bumper that looked somewhat (not much really...) like another persons bumper on here and there was a s*** storm over it.

I built my own front bumper and lots of folks have messaged me about ideas for there own. I have no problems with it at all, its actually flattering.

My bad, I haven't been in here in awhile so I missed that thread :doh:

Yep
Someone will try to take credit haha.
I was inspired by a few but did not copy imo.

A shop built a bumper that looked somewhat (not much really...) like another persons bumper on here and there was a **** storm over it.

Thanks
I did look at your build and was impressed. Good job.

Looks great! :cheers:

Youre going to get **** for copying someone though.... :grinpimp:

Hahah no no, im not saying anything im over it now.

But i will leave this here :p :p :popcorn:

bumperlc004.jpg

28072009019.jpg

And this :doh:

21082009026.jpg

v3002.jpg

Hahaha all good,.as Slee put it, there is only so many ways you can skin a cat.

:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom