Hankook Dyanpro ATM RF10 305/70 R16 Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, So i finally made a decision on what tire i wanted to get for my cruiser! i purchased a set of Hankook Dyanpro ATM RF10's in the size 305/70 R16 they measure out to be about 32.9 inches with my trusty tape measure, and look great on the truck. I currently have them mounted on my stock wheels (see pictures) and with 1.5 inch spacers and in my opinion they look absolutely perfect on a stock truck!

Glamor Picture
08092011014.jpg

[STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]

I did have a little bit of rubbing on the front bumper of the passenger side, this was fixed with a little use of the sawzall and took about a 1/2 inch of plastic off from the inside tip of the bumper (you couldn't tell unless i showed you were i cut. and i also had a tad bit of rubbing on the drivers side side skirt plastic flap that was also fixed with just a little bit of trimming. both of these situations happened at full lock and on a slight incline. some have mentioned no need for any modification, however i feel as though after 14 years and unknown use and road hazard's every vehicle is slightly different at this point, and mine happened to need a little bit of work to fit perfectly.

so after having them installed and trimming away a bit of plastic, i took them on a 5 day drive from Maine to PA to NJ to NY to CT and then back to MA where I live so around 900-1000 mile road trip. the tires preformed flawlessly! very stable on the highway and no more loud than my (i am ashamed to say) winter tires that i have not taken off yet! (only put about 4k on them total though) my best millage showed on the trip meter at 334 miles on 21.02 gallons of gas so that would be about 15.88 MPG, now factoring in that the tires are larger than stock and i am actually traveling around 5.3% more distance, my actual millage traveled was more like 351 miles for 21.02 gallons of gas, or 16.73 MPG!! not bad at all for an old girl !

regardless, the tires ran straight and true the whole time, even during the torrential down pours we were driving through this past Sunday, the cruiser was in complete control during all major braking and accelerating and cornering. these stuck right to the road! I have not had any off road time with them as i just had them put on last week on Monday, however i can update that at a later time, as well as winter performance as i plan to try these out during the snow season as well. all said and done i am very very happy with the performance and look of these tires. and i will update as i put more millage on them. now on to the pictures.

Enjoy! :p

Passenger Rear Quarter

08092011015.jpg

Drivers Rear Quarter, i have a slightly droopy rear bumper that i need to address
08092011017.jpg

Passenger Side Profile
08092011009.jpg

Drivers side Profile, disregard the studs in the front fender, i need to buy a new one as the clips have broken off of the stock flairs, and needed a little extra support (not removing them FYI :cool: )
08092011019.jpg

08092011020.jpg

old 265 75 r16s and new hankooks for a size comparison it looks like a soccer mom SUV with the smaller tires, is that how people feel when they go from 33's to 35-37s?

sideng.jpg

08192011060.jpg

:beer::beer::beer: :popcorn:

Last edited:
I put basicly the same on my FJ60, 1500 miles so far and love them. Drives straight and corners well. Glad to hear they did well in rain, that was one reason I got mine, good reports of that. Now if I could only find some mud.:D

i waited too long and paid a little more than i wanted too but i paid otd shipped at 215 a tire and then 15 a tire mounted. I the 305's are more expensive than the 285!s. I love the look though. They do top notch in the rain!

Message sent via mobile phone,

looking good.

These are the tires I've been eyeing for quite some time, unfortunately my geolandar mt+ yoko's arent wearing as fast as I'd like atm.
Love them, always been happy with them on the trails and everything, but they cant track straight worth a damn on the open road...hard to balance, and pull into ruts like nobody's business.

did the Hankooks balance nice and easy??? with little weight required?
It's also nice to hear they grip well in the rain, as up here in the pacific northwest is rains for what feels like 90% of the year.

cheers.

I have ran these tires (same size) on my '96 for a while now. They have surprised me quite a bit. For balance I use Dynabeads, and no issues there.

mickeyt said:
BFGoodrich Tires ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO LT295/75R16 123R RWL Anyone try these?

I'm running them on my 100 series, they're a little bigger than 285s. Right about in between a 285 and 315.

i looked at both 285's and 295's with the 75 side wall, but pound for pound i liked the look of the 305's better for their width and in reality they are only really about .1-.3 inches different in height than either of the other two common choices in this category.

looks really good! pretty much flawless truck id have to say, keep up the good work!

I have them in 315's on my rig. Basically unstoppable believe it or not. Really crazy mud will stop them, but they truly are an awesome tire. Great in the winter too. Best AT out there in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom