Ebay 1.5" Wheel Spacers Installed - With Pictures! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

So I finally got around to installing my 1.5" wheel spacers I bought on eBay. Billet Aluminum and came with the suds and nuts so they were ready to bolt on the truck. I unfortunately do not have any install photos as i was in a bit of a rush installing them before i took off for a ski trip tonight (I also wanted to give the LC a quick clay bar and wax job while i was in a heated garage!)

Anyhow, I LOVE how they make the truck look now. The wheels and tires are now perfectly even with the fender flairs and it really makes the truck look wider and i really believe they way it should have looked from the factory! This was a :banana: job by the way nothing to it other than having the correct tools.

well here are the photos, i will pull off the wheels and re torque the nuts when i am up skiing this weekend to make sure everything is sitting correctly, but after a short test drive around town and on the highway, i get no real noticeable vibration, and it may just be me, but it feels more sure footed around harder corners.

Thanks for looking. :beer::D

01062011071.jpg

01062011074.jpg

01062011075.jpg

01062011076.jpg

01062011078.jpg

01062011079.jpg

cell phone pictures as usual because i dont have a real camera lol :bang:

Edit, i used the ebay seller:
- tireshopsupplies
Phone:
-1-909-422-0026

Link to Spacers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260590829741&viewitem=

Last edited:
:cool:

Wish my truck fit in my garage :flipoff2:.... not that I would wax it, but.....

Looks great!!!! I'm with you I think it should have come that way from Mr.T:beer::beer:

LX_TREME nice rig. Who makes those rotors? What is your experience with them??

Thanks
Stu

X2 on cornering stability. After installing 1.5" spacers I headed straight for this nice
curved road by my house, first thing I noticed was better handling. 10K miles later
no issues. Good Luck! Steve

What are the negatives to these? Ive seen saftey issues discussed, but I would think that as long as to re-torque them occasionally, they would be any less safe than if you didnt check your lug nuts. Everyone used to hate on wheel spacers, but now I see them being used a lot, especially in desert racing apps. Id like to widen out my stance and I am contemplating getting the 3" spacers off ebay.

I noticed the stability as well when I added 1.5" spacers to my '85 XtraCab truck.:) The wax/clay job looks great. I've never used clay before and want to do that soon.

What are the negatives to these? Ive seen saftey issues discussed, but I would think that as long as to re-torque them occasionally, they would be any less safe than if you didnt check your lug nuts. Everyone used to hate on wheel spacers, but now I see them being used a lot, especially in desert racing apps. Id like to widen out my stance and I am contemplating getting the 3" spacers off ebay.

I've got 1.5" spacers on mine - when I took it to Discount Tire recently to have a flat fixed they told me that they didn't work on vehicles with wheel spacers. Safety concerns, not DOT approved, yada yada yada. They did fix the flat though - since the wheel was already off by that point.

Anyway, I haven't heard of big safety concerns with these. I'm sure there's some risk delta, since it's another set of bolts and such between your wheel and the hub. But are there any documented cases of these failing?

I've got 1.5" spacers on mine - when I took it to Discount Tire recently to have a flat fixed they told me that they didn't work on vehicles with wheel spacers. Safety concerns, not DOT approved, yada yada yada. They did fix the flat though - since the wheel was already off by that point.

Anyway, I haven't heard of big safety concerns with these. I'm sure there's some risk delta, since it's another set of bolts and such between your wheel and the hub. But are there any documented cases of these failing?

This is because they were not a factory item. They most likely found themselves in a lawsuit when one actually failed or their mechanic failed to tighten them right or even the owner forgot to check them from time to time.

There are a few out there that will also decline to work on a rig with altered suspension for the same reason.

The biggest issue with spacers is the extra leverage that they put on your wheel bearings. Moving the weight bearing surface outward while keeping the bearings in the same spot increases the load on your bearings causing premature wear. This is not a huge concern, but it will lead to changing out the bearings sooner than otherwise.....

What was the name of the vendor on ebay that was selling these? Anyone can answer, just want to make sure I get a set that will fit the LC.
AR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom