LED DRL's anyone.... aka (Daytime Driving Lights) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
nexusmetalwerx.com
Ok so I know this isn't one of my more HC threads but it would seem the direction of my build may have taken a new direction. For years now it has just been myself and a dedicated trail rig, well it seem that Moby may become more of a "family trail rig". And I realized while driving across country last month that no matter how big and white Moby is people still seem to just pull out in front of me...

Anyways I picked up a set of these a few months back and finally got around to the install over the weekend. These are the same DRL's that you will see on Audi, Porches and Mercedes, made by Hella and super bright!!!

I moved the turn signal up into the corner lights, and fit these into the old turn signal lens. Over all very happy with them, they are great quality and offer a two stage LED, kind of a high low setting. I only have the high's wired in for day driving but you could wire them so the low kicks on once you flip your headlights on.

-Ammo
IMG_1240.jpg
IMG_1227.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg

As if your truck couldn't get any sicker
props to ya

Nice !! I'm ordering a set after I finish my burger .... mmmm

Thanks for sharing !

P.S. Was the wiring pretty straight forward w/ the directions that came with em ? If not, or any tips, please share .... please.

I just removed the whole lower portion and added a set of lights you might recognize.
Rubithon 206 zoom.jpg

those are really nice, I think I need 'em :)

those are really nice, I think I need 'em :)

James,

I should give you a shout out.... When I saw you drop the led's into the turns it gave me the idea awhile ago. Then when I saw the new LED's that the germans are using for DRL's the search was on... I should mention they are a generic fit. But with that said they are just about made for the 80, even the lens contour is about spot on to the turn signal lens. I just used a dremel to rout the lens, was even able to use the supplied clips and run the wires out the back of the old bulb opening. I did have to trim the shroud behind the lens some, I'll shoot some pic's when I get home 2mrw. Also the DRL lens sits proud of the turn lens, I didn't want to distort the light behind double lens. see pic before I panted the old lens. The reflectors in these things are amazing, they are the smallest LEDs, but in the high setting they toss light.

The instructions are pretty generic, in every language. The wire loom is plug and play with a relay, I just spliced these into the loom I already had on the rig like the lights sammy has, mine are toast.

-A
IMG_1224.jpg
IMG_1225.jpg
IMG_1239.jpg

Nice stuff and you got a great deal on them too!
They look nice and BRIGHT too. I really like how you fit them in there, looks almost designed for it.

are those mounted behind a set of clear JDM turn signal lenses? If so more info on your install please.

See post 11... More install shots when I get a chance to work on the rig.

-A

That gives me an idea for my old busted lights. :hmm: A little epoxy and paint would cover up all those cracks, and the light could be on the outside.

Dare I suggest some night shots ?
Just the LEDs, then in combination with the headlights, etc ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom