3FE Fuel Pressure Guage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
I am having trouble with idle on my 3FE when it becomes fully warmed up/heat soaked. I suspect fuel pressure may be part of my problem...

I would like to mount a fuel pressure gauge at the Cold Start Injector.

Has anyone found an application that just replaces the bolt at the banjo fitting?

I see Summit has some 1.5" dial gauges that read 0-60 PSI. I think this would probably fit under the hood, but they don't say anything about the fittings in the descriptions.

ANyone?

TIA,

Last edited:
There is such a thing as a double banjo bolt. So with one of those you can stack a second banjo fitting on top of the first using a third crush washer. From there plumb a hose to your gauge.

Just in case, remember that you don't want fuel inside the cabin. If you want the gauge where you can read it going down the road, even if only temporary, spend the money on the isolator.

Depending on the size of the gauge's threads and the size of the banjo bolt's head you could possibly drill and tap the head of the banjo bolt and install either the gauge directly or an adapter fitting to remote mount the gauge.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has learned of any good installs?

I still like that Russell fuel pressure takeoff banjo bolt, but like I said, it is M12.

I believe the banjo bolt for the cold start injector is M8x1

Perhaps the banjo bolt at the fuel filter is M12x1.25, in which case you could mount the banjo bolt w/ fuel pressure gauge right at the fuel filter.

Just for GP I took a SolidWorks Model of a std. M8 bolt and tried to put an 1/8"NPT hole in the center of the head. Doesn't work. So, do you know any TIG welders? If not, PM me as I can probably help so long as it doesn't need to be next week.

I am having trouble with idle on my 3FE when it becomes fully warmed up/heat soaked. I suspect fuel pressure may be part of my problem...
TIA,

Slow, fast, or variable idle trouble?

I think this is somewhat of what you are looking for. I guess you could call it a double banjo fitting. I made the long banjo bolt on my lathe and the other parts were fabricated from brass plumbing parts. About $10 for the hardware and another 40 for the pressure gauge.

This is exactly how a factory hookup to the cold start injector is made. I didn't buy one because it cost too much. Just that center bolt is about 90 dollars, if you had to purchase it. It is possible to drill out the center of a bolt but you need a lathe to do it.

I used a cheap fuel pressure gauge and adapted it to my hardware.

Tony
gauge 1.jpg
gauge 2.jpg
gauge 3.jpg

Should be a replacement yes.. ... I need to look at my application to see if it being turned towards the front would be beneficial.. they have a "kit" or you can supply your own pressure gauge. the kit comes with a 90 to turn it towards the front of the vehicle.

Slow, fast, or variable idle trouble?

Sorry I missed this question! Haven't seen this thread in a while! It was slow idle, due to the return line being clogged. Fuel pressure in my rail was over 70 psi. Computer and injectors just couldn't manage that...

After unclogging the return line the pressure dropped and the idle problem was fixed? Did your fj run pretty rich at idle? My 62 is having a similar problem..

After unclogging the return line the pressure dropped and the idle problem was fixed? Did your fj run pretty rich at idle? My 62 is having a similar problem..

Oh yes! Made a huge difference. But I had done a lot of troubleshooting on the way that probably helped!

It fits wish I could figure out why phone turns pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using IH8MUD

ForumRunner_20140221_165351.jpg

ForumRunner_20140221_165411.jpg

ForumRunner_20140221_165422.jpg

That looks great, would you consider just leaving it there? Though I'm not sure it would be a good idea :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom