ROTW - Serenity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

serenity

Threads
This is my 60 series cruiser that I acquired back in June 2005 when I was still the sweet young age of 17(I’m old now), around that time I was suffering from depression quite badly (don’t worry I’m all good now) so nothing really happened to it until June 2006.

When I got it, it was a haggard pile of junk that I had decided to bring back to life; the roof could have been rolled off like a sardine tin. The fuel pumped leak fuel all over motor and all the carpets inside had oil spilled over them.

Brought home in June 05:
01myfj609June2006.jpg

In about July 2006 I had raised enough money to send it off to a body shop and they went to work cutting and welding and this came home for me:
photo045-1.jpg

In August I found IH8MUD, saw rigs like Tencha, Princess, and the Vwag, and realized what an absolute hunk of crap I owned, but I still love my rig.
resize.jpg

I spent the next year working, saving and researching on this site and in September 2007 I started a mild rebuild as the engine had blown the head gasket, and had some other small issues, I also rebuilt the carby.
photo083.jpg

At the moment its being employed as a garden ornament because of a lot of electrical issues, so sorry I don’t have any action shots, this cruiser doesn’t see much action yet. I’m also half way through building a front bumper but that’s stalled thanks to university.

Vehicle stats:

1984 FJ60
62 series headlights with Toyota badge on the grill (something unique)
Custom front bumper
Mots fog lights
2F with head machined .050” freshly built carby
Headers with 2.5” exhaust
Blacked out and dechromed
JVC stereo with pioneer 320W amp and speakers (will be roof mounted)
LPG duel fuel system, long range petrol tank
31” yoko super diggers
15x8” ROH black sunraysia rims
A lift installed by the PO
Terrain Tamer shocks
removed rear sway bar (thinking about removing the front)
funky flooring system

picture015resized.jpg

Well this is my cruiser and it will remain in the back yard for a few months more before I get the money to start fixing it again, thanks to needing a new bike for this years MTB racing season, but you guys in oz watch out it I’m hoping it will be hitting the trails before the end of the year.

Oh and as for a name I guess it’s called Serenity, because its so quiet.

heres my flooring system, while its not as awesome as kevinmorowlands it works well.
here is also my plans for mounting my amp and 6x9 speakers, the idea is to get a third roof crossmember from the wreckers and mount the amp between them then mount the speakers on one. sorry for the bad paint chop.
picture 038edit.JPG
picture 036.jpg

you race mtb?

sorry i havent been able to reply, somehow a really busy week has managed to coincide with my ROTW.

Ducks: yes the rear bench seat is split so i can put the flooring in either side or both, i'll get a better photo in the mornin. i'll get some shots of the LPG system tomorrow mornin its night over here. and i dont know about the fuel tank sorry.

thanks for the comments guys, you guys (n girls) on this site have kept me going n kept me inspired.:cheers:

and nemesis yep i havent been racing long but ive been riding for about 4 years now, both cross country and downhill. just did a team 12 hour night endurance race last weekend, that was a blast.

oh and long term plans for this rig is to keep it the same height but eventually have it resprayed the original toyota beige colour and throw in a diesel, maybe a 1hz. also lookin at choppin quarters but i havent decided whether i want to yet.

heres a random photo of anti bling from my engine rebuild, heat proof paint turned out not to be petrol proof so when my carb leaked on the manifold it cleaned it off, the rocker cover still loks good though.
photo 081resized.JPG

cooool, i race pro downhill... its a party

sweet!
keep up the good work on that rig boss!

Chicago

cooool, i race pro downhill... its a party

nice yeah its a pooh trying to pay for yourself, buying a bike and maintaining it is bad enough, on top of that race fee's are a killer.
i wish i was good enuf for sponsorship.
riding is a big party, lots of :beer: lots of fun.

i'll be back with photos of the LPG stuff for ducks later i need sleep.

and on a tech note does anyone know of any company anywhere that makes wiring looms for the 60 series, my wiring is busted in so many places that i really should just rewire the whole truck.

lookin' good, I like to see a lot of love put into a good cruiser. I am interested in your speaker set up. I am going to do something similar and looking for ideas

Good looking rig.

I have a 62 and converted the front to a 60. Interesting that you went the other way. Different strokes.

I like it a lot.

vette 60 anything you want to know about the speaker set up in particular?

thanks for the comments guys, and yes i'm a heathen who actually prefers square headlights over round ones, although i didn't do the conversion the PO did.

vette 60 anything you want to know about the speaker set up in particular?

thanks for the comments guys, and yes i'm a heathen who actually prefers square headlights over round ones, although i didn't do the conversion the PO did.

yep, What speakers are you going with? I am looking for something that comes boxed already, and even may look at using wake tower speakers like bazooka's or something.

hey all my stuff is from 07 but i have a jvc mp3 cd player head unit, with just crappy 6" speakers in the front doors. the head unit has rca out to the amp in the back. the amp is a 320 watt pioneer, that can be bridged for subs if necesary. and the speakers are about 240 watt pioneer mounted in boxes that i bought with them, i also bought a wiring kit. oh yeh and i have different brands cos it was bought at different times. all up the pioneer stuff cost about 500 with wiring kit n speaker box's.

i'll get photos of stuff this arvo for everyone.

Roof structure

This is a great picture for me, because I'm toying with an idea...

I notice these cross braces look to bolt in? Is that correct?

Looking forward to seeing the speaker install!
picture 038edit.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom