Snorkel install on a 2F in a FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went back and forth over what I wanted to do to complete the snorkel install on my 60. I decided on cutting the intake off of a doner housing and welding it on the passenger side of the engine bay. I am not done with the install yet and I plan to finish the job in a few hours over the next few days but we'll see. Hope this helps for motivation for people that are considering it but don't want to deal with the extra work or for people to actually hook their snorkels up. :flipoff2:

Disclamer: I am aware of people thinking snorkels are useless, I like mine! I think it would be really dumb to have it on and not even functional.

Chisseling off the spot welds,
IMG_2057.jpg

The plan,
IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

grinding down after an hour,
IMG_2060.jpg

Dylan

Lookin good Dylan...

Keep the pics coming.

I have one as well. Still need to hook it up to the system. That is another one of those projects that I would like to get started on after the bumper of course...

i think they are worth it. i hit a waterhole a tad to fast and sucked in just enough to soak my air filter and make the truck sputter to a stop. luckily my roomate was there with his 40 and drug me out before water started comin in my doors...

water was splashing over the hood when i was in the water and just below the headlights after it shut down.

but luckily she started with no issues nothing was hurt. ( I was scared! )

actually the same water hole as in my avitar.... only deeper and it was 19 degres outside at 4a.m..... looooooooooooong night.

Lookin good Dylan...

Keep the pics coming.

I have one as well. Still need to hook it up to the system. That is another one of those projects that I would like to get started on after the bumper of course...

I want to say your are going to use a fj62 intake ????

how's that work? Never really looked under the hood of a 62

Dylan

I went with the 62 airbox and it works great. Fenders are the same so the bolt holes are there. I also have a weber carb and had done away with the original air box. I used the adapter that is made for the weber and makes for a nice looking and smoth install. Another options is to buy a import airbox. The 60's across the ocean have airboxes that vent to the pass side.

I can take some this weekend if youd like

i have a question i just thought of.....

why is it that it seems everyone runs the snorkel on the passenger side?
i know many of the other models have the box there but y not run it to the driverside on a 60?

Safari Snorkels are made by an Australian company. In Aust, their 2F's have a canister style aircleaner box similar to the FJ62, minus some vacuum stuff. If you find an Austrilian 2F plenum, it will bolt to your carb and then you need the tube that runs from the plenum to the airbox. All can be sourced from Aust, but will cost some money. After my bumper project, I plan to start on a carb to aircleaner system.

I think SOR sells the Aussie airbox set up, but like much of their stuff its $$$!

Here are the pics of the 62 airbox install
Engine shot 001.jpg
Engine shot 002.jpg
Engine shot 004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom