40.... newtome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wdukes

SILVER Star
Threads
There is no feeling like the aquisition of a new cruiser. After years of acquiring while living in Wy, I had to "cull the heard" in a slowing real estate market. Now living at the beach in Florida, my lv looks more like a beach cruiser than the mountain climber it is most equiped for. That brings me to the pangs I feel in need of a topless cruiser. I was in Telluride on business and a women drove by in a slightly lifted, very stock 40 with a bikini top( the 40 not the gal). I truly had a pain in my chest.
So, on to my next business stop...Moab. Just outside of town I see this nonrunning, but rustfree 40. A rarity to find now that I am back in Fl. Long story short....the 40 will be picked up by transport and headed to Fl. I enjoy reading the 40 forum again as I have soley been on the 45 forum for the last few years.
I can only say tht I will miss the opportunity of having the ride home looking in my rearview mirror with the Toyota grill looking back at me.
Its a 66 stock motor and 3 on the tree.

Dukes

Stop sending our cruisers back east to rust!

Begrudgingly: congrats on your new ride. May it live out it's last few years in good service in the traffic and humidity of the sunshine state.

pics

looks rough....unless you have been looking at the rust-buckets I have been looking at in the south.

I had another one, but it was more of a project than the girlfriend/future wife wanted me to take on in the driveway.

F engine with all original parts including the old oil filter canister.

May have to change seats, roll bar and wheels.

Dukes
20130613_172612.jpg
20130613_172706.jpg

congrats man.

Lets see some pics.

How you gonna keep it from melting away like the grinch chamba says?

edit: too slow. Good place to start.

Last edited:
Great find! It looks to be in good shape. What's the build number? It looks like it might be a 1965 produced model. Does it have a brass tag attached to the data plate on the firewall?

serial number...made date?

I am still travelling and haven't looked up year serial number was made. No brass tag and the rig has been in the family for 20+ years. They are getting a new Title made.

fj40-33159

Dukes

I'm up in Port Richey and wouldn't mind giving you a hand if you ever need one.

Same here, but in North Miami if you ever find yourself on the other coast of Florida and need a hand. Relatively new to 40's myself but always happy to wrench on old trucks.

Nice project! I hope you have fun with it and I look forward to seeing more pics.

not much rust

She aint Purdy, but...there aint much rust!
20130613_203647.jpg
20130613_172706.jpg
20130613_203653.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom