Uh-Oh...clearcoat came off in the car wash?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:popcorn:

1loudlx-albums-1stealthlx-rotm-picture14065-img-1508-edit.jpg

Still have to put the bodylift in, and slee tubesliders on, along with a 3 Hella 4000 setup in front of the grille...just trying to get rid of this sinus infection before I go out into the garage and fool with more stuff. Andddd I need to paint my roofrack black before it goes back on.
Dsc_7220x.jpg
Dsc_7219x.jpg
Dsc_7240x.jpg

Last edited:
It looks sick... Where did you get the work done. My paint job could use a freshening up. Also, Where did you get the body lift that you are going to install? Nice job on a sweet rig.....

BROTHER!! Sweet looking rig - LOVE the new bar and sans body cladding with rough bed paint - SICK!!

Hey - Why are your little tiny white lights in the bumper not on? (the ones next to the blinkers.... also, if you want you can flip that combo blinker light over and that little marker light will be on the outside - I did that with mine and I like the balance a bit better than it snuggled up to the fog's.. but that's just me!!)

I didnt wire them, too lazy. I wanted the turn signals on the outboard...I sat and thought about it for 45mins one night when I was prepping everything.

I should go snap a shot of the Slee Skidplate, thing is beef!

It looks sick... Where did you get the work done. My paint job could use a freshening up. Also, Where did you get the body lift that you are going to install? Nice job on a sweet rig.....

I had the bodyshop who does the paint for my Lexus dealership do it. After a few times looking at it it's growing on the guys up at Lexus. At first they thought I was insane...well they still do. Which is fine by me!

After it got painted I told the bodyshop to leave the cladding and bumper off since I was going to address those issues afterwards.

As far as the bodylift, I got it from a member on here, not sure if he wants to advertise but if he wants he can chime in, thats his deal.
IMG_1581.jpg

I like it! did they respray the entire vehicle or just the roof and put some type of dull clear coat on everything?

Whole vehicle was stripped and sanded, dents and dings fixed and then they reshot some 1C2(which doesnt fade like the OEM crap) and then used a matte clear on top of it all.
IMG_1461.jpg
IMG_1480.jpg

that truck is disgusting ! :)

much props for thinking about it and
much respect for getting it done.
as my father would say... thas da chit !

regards,
m.a..d

You're making me wish I hadn't sold my LX. I like the LineX look on the lower cladding. Very nice!

Dude, you were keeping that chit on the down low. Looks awesome! Makes me want to get my flat sand tan going.

Next mod I was checking on is how to cover the steering wheel in tan alcantara. My steering wheel is so worn out. I like your wood wheel sticking up in the flat lex.

Great work again!

alcantara + bare hands = bad. I was going to do it on the sides between the wood but spoke with a few 911 gt3 owners who said if you dont wear driving gloves it gets kinda nastied.

oil from hands= matted down alcantara.

I see my dad outside in his with a washcloth rubbing his wheel sometimes trying to get it to not look so oily and matted down.I dont think theres anything you can do after that.

oh yea,
nice loud. really like the lx.

Thanks for the hands up, I mean heads up. I guess I just need to round up a new wheel.

Did they paint it a little, then clear coat it matte? I really like the matte finish.

The matte finish looks *KILLER*, it's amazing how much it changes the look of the truck!

AGAIN - RIGHT ON LOUD!! Love that Slee Skid - will it slide over the nose of a cabby??? Oh, and that matte is flippin awesome!!! You went stealth on these mods and sprung them on us - nice job!! We need to start calling you 1stealthLX - suites the rig more!

? removed!

I was on earlier today and I was wondering- what the heck is Loud up too??

I like it.....

Killer job Loud! The whole truck is coming together nicely, but the matte paint and Line-X are the cats ass! I've been thinking of doing the same with Line-X...I think you have convinced me! :beer:

I like the paint and liner scheme a lot. Leave the rack off. It looks a lot cleaner that way. I now see why you are shopping for a rear bumper. Get some sliders and you'll be ready to go have some fun and not just drifting in the college parking lots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom