'07 Tundra 20" wheels installed on my 100 series **Pictures** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, after some patience and reserve, I finally found some 20" wheels/tires from an '07 Tundra Limited. I intend to put some off road based tires on the OEM 16" and since the LC is my wife's daily driver we also needed a good set of street tires. Here's a little "how to" from the installation.

You will notice that the grease cap on the end of the front axle protrudes through the hub, and obviously further than the Tundra, making the Tundra hubcap unusable...
P1010330.jpg

P1010331.jpg

The caps from the 16's are needed to clear the grease cap, but the fingers protrude a little to far for them to snap right on. You can see at the top of the cap in this picture it is slightly too big to snap in...
P1010333.jpg

after some carefull grinding and sanding on the fingers of the cap, it can be made to fit nice and snug

before
P1010336.jpg

after (I gave it a smooth finish after I made it fit right)
P1010338.jpg

Final product installed...
P1010341.jpg

P1010348.jpg

P1010355.jpg

P1010352.jpg

What do y'all think?:princess:

Last edited:
Id doesn't look bad. Now just be careful no to roll over any pea :princess:

:D

Id doesn't look bad. Now just be careful no to roll over any pea :princess:

:D

It actually rides very nicely on the street, better than I thought it would. Still nice and cushy. It rides about a 1/2" higher, but has a tad less "roll". Next step is to find some fairly aggressive 16" tires for the desert (and ditch the running boards). I've used Mickey Thompsons Baja MTX on my 4Runner for years and loved them, probably end up copping something like that.

Looks good, I hope to eventually do the same.

Did you change your rotors? Have you noticed any braking difference?

Looks nice :cheers:

How much did those wheels set you back, and where did you find them ?

aedgington - Nope, still on stock brakes. Just repained them to give it a clean look. It stops the same, they're probably less than an inch bigger in overall diameter than the stock size and seem to actually weigh about the same as well.

SINCITY100 - Thanks. I looked for them for at least a month. I cruised EBAY (expensive, people are getting $1500+ for these). I cruised tundrasolutions every day which seemed like a decent place but they go sooooooo fast. I checked craigslist daily as well, searching the whole Southwest. $1000 seems to be a decent going price and was the max I was willing to pay. I ended up catching a Craigslist add one afternoon from a local seller and called him ASAP. I ended up getting them for $800. They had about 6 miles on them.

With all the new Tundras being bought and all these people putting 24" on them, the new Tundra 18"s are all over the place and the 20" should become more and more ample as time goes on. There are a couple styles of the 18" and the 20". These look the best IMO. Looks stock pretty much. The new Tundra should also open the door for more aftermarket wheel options for the 100 series.

very nice !:bounce:!! i like the oem look the rims give you.

i have a question. do you think its possible to remove the tall axle dust cover for a thinner one? and reuse the oem tundra center cap?

or is there actually a need for such a tall one?

very nice !:bounce:!! i like the oem look the rims give you.

i have a question. do you think its possible to remove the tall axle dust cover for a thinner one? and reuse the oem tundra center cap?

or is there actually a need for such a tall one?

I think the axle protrudes too far underneath there to do it without a wheel spacer. I intend to find out though, I put the Tundra cap on the rear for a minute and it looks fantastic.

Wow, that looks very cool! :cheers:

i was scanning inside the vendor section. and saw those 1.25" wheels spacers for the LC100/lx/07+ tundras. do you think the extra 1.25" wheel spacer will let it use the tundra center caps?

i was scanning inside the vendor section. and saw those 1.25" wheels spacers for the LC100/lx/07+ tundras. do you think the extra 1.25" wheel spacer will let it use the tundra center caps?

Still not quite enough clearance, unless one could figure a way for a lower profile dust cap (assuming the axle doesn't stick out too far under there). It will take both that spacer and a lower cap to get that done. I also don't know how a spacer like that would affect the wheel bearings with an otherwise stock setup. It's nearly 2" that need to be made up to clear that cover in stock form:frown:

That really looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom