Monday 12/27, More Lake Pleasant Area Ghost Town Tour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Today's tour netted some roads that merit additional investigation. So same meet place, the gas station, on the north side of Carefree HWY, just east of I-17 and time, 9AM.

attachment.php

I can't make it, need to help with picking Michael's truck up from the exhaust shop

In....

It was a fun time for all especially Kevin...

:whoops: :eek:

:hillbilly: Theyre where nicce fur leting use pley and us there driveway on the waye out. :whoops:

Morter bikes :hillbilly:

Mortar Bike...

10kd4.jpg

All poking fun aside... at least they allow access. They should be applauded and thanked for that. :cheers::clap:

They were very nice for doing so, and I know we all appreciated it. It was great to get out and meet a few more people whom I hadn't met before.

I had a great time. I loved the scenery and the company. I loved the sign. This was my first test of the new Aussie 4-speed, having the lower 1st gear was nice. We obviously left with some unfinished business, so, we'll have to go back and finish the trail to Fort Tule. Scratches, what scratches?
Bradshaws 052.jpg
Bradshaws 022.jpg
Bradshaws 016.jpg

Last edited:
I had a great time. I loved the scenery and the company. I loved the sign. This was my first test of the new Aussie 4-speed, having the lower 1st gear was nice. We obviously left with some unfinished business, so, we'll have to go back and finish the trail to Fort Tule. Scratches, what scratches?

Trent, did you get a pic of Kevin when he was still in that hole?:doh::eek:

We went where we went a spose to!
Y'all herez a foto ov Kevin whod fell in dat thar hole fur a spell. He knowed wut he was doin an he drove dat Leksus rite outta thar likkity splitly.

Da nex foto is Kevin cot in a nudder hole, he wuddnt sposed to be in nether, playin wit his camera and...uh, uh, uh....uh, oh :eek:.

"We better get outta here, I think I hear banjo music."
Bradshaws 051.jpg
Bradshaws 023.jpg

Y'all herez a foto ov Kevin whod fell in dat thar hole fur a spell. He knowed wut he was doin an he drove dat Leksus rite outta thar likkity splitly.

Da nex foto is Kevin cot in a nudder hole, he wuddnt sposed to be in nether, playin wit his camera and...uh, uh, uh....uh, oh :eek:.

"We better get outta here, I think I hear banjo music."

Perfikt, I fergot the cardinel rule. Befor you git someone out, take pitchers.:bounce::bounce2:

Interesting that we found a couple of markers for Dan and Tinker Bell near the Columbia Mine. There was a miner named William "Kentuck" Bell living in this area from 1870-1910. He built a small two story home just south of Fort Misery on the road to Crown King, a few miles north of where we were. In fact, he is buried near Fort Misery. I'll have to look for his grave next time I'm up there. Not sure if there is a connection to these markers or not. Were the markers for people or animals? A more complete story of "Kentuck" can be found here. It indicates that he lived in Columbia, AZ and Tip Top from 1892 to 1904. The account says that he was deaf, probably from blowin s*** up, lookin for gold.

image015.jpg

The rest of the pictures of trip can be found here.

Columbia Mine AZ 12272010 pictures by fumann_shue - Photobucket
Bradshaws 042.jpg

Posers:cool:
Ancient house with modern amenities:hillbilly:
The obligatory scenery shot:grinpimp:
Posers.jpg
Modern.jpg
Scenery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom