Interior Rehab - Lots of Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up a '95 LC to replace the '96 I sold a few years back (what a mistake).

This going to be my daily driver going forward. The interior has been restored to a level that should have been offered on these great vehicles from the factory.

Suede roof-liner, door armrests and dual tone interior are the final touches that really brought the project together.
DSC_4114.jpg
DSC_4115.jpg
DSC_4116.jpg

Looks nice. Did you do it yourself or have someone do it for you?

I took the easy route and had the work performed at a great shop in Dallas. I am too busy trying to rebuild an Airstream trailer. Thanks for the thumbs up, she looks better in person as the camera flash does not fully complement the color combo.

Cheers.

John

Last edited:
I'd be afraid to drive something that nice, i'd either bash it on a rock, or my kids would destroy it with grape juice. Good job!

LOL, this is my ranch truck so she will see some action. My last LC had a crease down the side from one of my longhorn giving the truck a gentle loving rub.

I made a big mistake and tried out a Range Rover. Nice car errr truck, but I could not sell it quick enough to get back into a FZJ80. Live and learn.

Now if I could devise a way to have the LC pull the Airstream I would be in heaven. Perhaps a diesel swap would do the job.

Cheers,

John

Last edited:
John I am literally in limbo waiting for the next step on the interior of mine and would LOVE to get some feedback on time and pricing on the job. Please feel free to PM if you don't want to publicly disclose what you paid.

That is truly stunning! Makes me want a second cruiser to restore and daily drive. I would like to recommend the chrome mirror covers, they go well with the chrome door handles.

262577_632124695603_72203123_33633021_465414_n.jpg

I don't know about the suede, but the leather looks great. Are those FJ wheels?

That is truly stunning! Makes me want a second cruiser to restore and daily drive. I would like to recommend the chrome mirror covers, they go well with the chrome door handles.

262577_632124695603_72203123_33633021_465414_n.jpg

I am not a big fan of chrome, so I replaced the original chrome mirrors with black. I will probably have the chrome door handles refinished down the road, but they really match the wheels.

Cheers,

John

I like how they did the door handles! I have never seen that on an 80. I'd like to have that done if/when I get new leather for the seats.

I don't know about the suede, but the leather looks great. Are those FJ wheels?

The suede is much more subtle in person and really looks great. The camera flash exaggerates the effect.

The wheels are indeed from the FJ series. i considered many, but they really look great IMO on the 80-series.

Cheers,

John

How was the suede installed, glued over the original headliner? Cost of the various parts of the upgrade? What wheels are those?

I like how they did the door handles! I have never seen that on an 80. I'd like to have that done if/when I get new leather for the seats.

I had a hard time sourcing new oak arm rests to replace the broken units in my rig (previously held in place by zip ties). The only replacements I could find was grey. The seamstress at the interior shop knocked my socks off with her end result.

A few pics of the before....
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg

I had a hard time sourcing new oak arm rests to replace the broken units in my rig (previously held in place by zip ties). The only replacements I could find was grey. The seamstress at the interior shop knocked my socks off with her end result.

A few pics of the before....

Oh wow, now that I look closer at the pic, I see the whole arm rest is leather, I thought they replaced the leather pad and then put leather on the handle area. I'm not crazy about the suede headliner, but the door/armrest really tops off the interior, IMHO. I will have to bookmark or copy the pics so maybe I can have a local shop do something similar some day. :beer:

How was the suede installed, glued over the original headliner? Cost of the various parts of the upgrade? What wheels are those?

Yes, I believe the suede was installed over the original headliner. The material was made for headliners and has really reduced the interior noise. I went with the FJ wheels as they were the only option that appealed to me.

As far as the cost, too much... My wife :princess: drives a LX570, so I paid a very small price compared to the option she went with on her vehicle. I simply love this truck and plan to keep her for life. A diesel upgrade would be a nice step forward and potentially allow me to tow the Airstream to exotic locations.

Cheers!

I have never been a chrome fan myself, always felt it was kind of "hispanic" but for some reason the mirrors and handles grew on me.

I have the same problem with my arm rests. My guess is that this is a common problem. The zip tie is a great temporary fix but is there is a more permanent fix outside of replacing the arm rest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom