Lets see your homemade tools!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had to come up with something when I setup my gears. Me and a friend came up with this (similar to what Zuk uses) to tighten up the carrier bearing adjuster nuts. Worked awesome. So lets see what else is out there!!

:cheers:
tool.jpg
tool2.jpg

I was thinking just last night that a thread like this would be cool. I get a certain satisfaction out of making my own tools, the lower the investment the better.

I made a SST for the rear bearing "nut" for a FF axle. Here's some pics, and the link to the post, with information about how to get the actual Toyota SST included.

This one works well because the wall thickness of the socket I started with is beefier than say the front hub 54mm socket that I thought about using. That would be cool because then I would only have one socket for both front and back bearings, but how often do I need to use either one? Two different ones work just fine for me.

Dan.
socket_mod1.jpg
socket_label1.jpg
socket_and_nut1.jpg

Yeah that sweet.

My homejob for the rear axle SST.

3/16" plate, 3/8" drive socket, and 5/16" gr. 8 bolts. The bolts are a perfect snug fit too.
DSC02303.jpg
DSC02307.jpg
DSC02305.jpg

Its a smog pump pulley for a 1980's Chevy PU drilled and fitted to the rear bearing SST.
The second didn't hold up so well.
Dec12554_edited.jpg
80 FF SST.jpg
Aug06198_edited.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom