For Sale 1964 short bed FJ45 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1964 short bed 45 I've been working on for about 7 years now. I think I won't ever finish it and it deserves someone to finish it.

Cab was a fixed top cab, now it has the upper half of the back of the cab cut off to look more like the removable top version. Roof panel is gone. Windshield frame and glass are in good condition. Full doors are in good condition. Rocker panels rusted badly.

Bed is a reproduction of the stock bed. Pretty good copy. Bobbed 16". I didn't like how much rear overhang it had behind the wheel well- so it cut it off.

Bobbed the frame to match. Just behind rear spring hangers.

Stock leaf springs, shackle reversal performed.

Scout II steering box.

Motor mounts welded in for small block Chevy.

No transmission crossmember.

No seats.

Dash is all intact and original.

Started a roll-cage profiled like the Metal Tech cage to follow the dash and windshield profiles. Kickers go clear back to back of bed.

Stock tail gate with hardware.

SOR fiberglass tailgate NIB.

Stock later model hood. Original split hood gone.

No fenders.

Have fender aprons, have bezel, headlights, radiator, etc.

Engine and axles listed separately.

$2500 OBO, located in Elkhart, IN.

Pictures to follow.

Pics!???

Hold your horses, I'm working on it!

Actually, it'll be Monday till I have a chance to post them. I have the boys this weekend by myself since my wife is partying with her sisters in the 'burbs. She's the youngest of the SEVEN girls in her family. I'm steering very clear of that party.

some pics.
DSC00339.jpg
DSC00340.jpg
DSC00341.jpg

more.
DSC00343.jpg
DSC00346.jpg
DSC00347.jpg

pics x3
DSC00349.jpg

OK, if $2500 was too much, how about $2000?

Open to hearing offers.

This really needs to find a good home. How about $1800?

Luke, this should sell at that price. Give it time.:)

i wouldnt go any lower. i would think the vin is almost worth that. its more a matter of right guy right location for something immobile.

hmmm... 7 years.... that much done... if youre younger than 40, you may get it done before youre dead. keep plugging!

This is a really neat project, and right along the lines of what I want to build next. Good luck with the sale.

This is a really neat project, and right along the lines of what I want to build next. Good luck with the sale.

Then why not give me a call and maybe it can be your next project.

I PMed you my cell phone number.

Still available. Would need to be creative about how to get it on a trailer, but let's think outside the box here gentlemen.

Man, if i did not have my 60 / wifes 55 and my 40 on my todo list i would be all over this.

Good luck and its a good price.

Man, if i did not have my 60 / wifes 55 and my 40 on my todo list i would be all over this.

Good luck and its a good price.

Thanks, it'll find a good home........eventually.

I don't need another project, but if there was a way to get it to me I would be in for the 2k right now. Give it time...it will sell once someone within driving distance finds it.

Why couldn't I find something like this before I spend 4 years building my own.

I don't know, maybe you should buy this one and keep going forward?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom