Expedition built, locked 1997 FJ80 available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**SOLD**

Truck: 1997 Toyota Landcruiser
Mileage: 115,000-ish

This truck is a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ 80 with factory front and rear locking differentials. The standard package on the 1997 FZJ 80 Landcruiser includes ABS brakes, tinted glass, intermittent wipers front and rear, cruiser control, power windows/locks, auto off headlamps & rear defrost.

The options that are included on this truck are: leather seating, power titl/sliding moonroof, aluminum wheels, front/rear locking differentials, VIP security system and lastly, floor mats.

All of the parts & maintenance that are listed below have been completed in the last year or less. The cooling, brake and air conditioning work was all completed in April.

As you can see, there were no shortcuts taken and no expense spared when building up this truck as a very competent expedition and wheeling truck. The body is straight as an arrow and there is no rust.

It has been offroad only a handful of times.

I am looking to sell the truck outright or trade for a FJ Cruiser, Highlander or 2003+ 100 series. Cash can be exchanged either way, I am open to options. I am not looking for something on anything over 33's.

To sell outright, $17,500 firm. Anything under that and it's not worth me selling it.

Cooling System:
  • OEM 3 core Radiator
  • OEM (All) heater hoses
  • OEM Fanclutch
  • OEM T-stat
  • PHH install complete
  • Toyota red coolant

Steering:
  • OEM Tie rod ends
  • OEM tie rod
  • OEM drag link ends
  • Slee HD drag link
  • OEM steering box

Brakes:
  • OEM ABS actuator
  • OEM ABS sensors (all 4)
  • OEM ABS front wiring harness
  • OEM ABS rear wiring harness (d-side)
  • OEM 100 series front brake pads
  • OEM rear pads
  • Slee extended SS brake lines from the frame to the axle AND from the axle to the caliper (complete kits)
  • DBA slotted rotors in the front
  • OEM rear rotors
  • Adjusted rear LSPV (for lift)

Air Conditioning:
  • OEM A/Compressor with clutch
  • OEM A/C condensor
  • OEM A/C dryer

Suspension:
  • Slee 4" lift
  • Old Man Emu long travel shocks
  • Old Man Emu steering stabilizer
  • Slee HD drag ling
  • Slee castor correction plates (welded)
  • Slee font pandhard adjustable
  • Slee rear panhard adgustable
  • Slee front and rear swat bar drop kits
  • Slee 2" drop bumpstops in the rear

Axles & Differentials:
  • Precision 4:88 gears installed professionally
  • Complete front axle rebuild at the time w/ all OEM bearings and seals
  • Rear axle rebuild at the same time with all OEM parts
  • Mobile 1 syn. in the diffs.
  • Transmission flush by dealer
  • OEM Center diff lock switch installed

Electrical & Lighting:
  • HIR high and low beam bulbs installed
  • Lightforce 240s with clear and yellow covers
  • Slee headlight harness
  • Slee aux. light harness
  • OEM interior aux. light swtich
  • Hella interior map/reading light
  • Hell Roaring dual battery system
  • Optima Yellow top primary battery (as recommended by Hellroaring)
  • Optima Red top secondary battery (as recommended by Hellroaring)
Bumpers, Armor & Tire Carrier:
  • ARB front bumper (winch ready)
  • Slee A/C dryer skid plate
  • IPOR (Iron Pig Offroad) rear bumper with tire carrier
  • IPOR skid plate

Tires & Wheels:
  • Toyo MTs (35's) on grey powder coated OEM alloy wheels (1 matching Toyo MT on stock spare)

Misc:
  • Scangauge II
  • Fuel pump and associated parts inc. sock.
  • Alpine CD plater with MP3 player, ipod hook up and Sirius sat. radio
  • Entire floor of the truck, front to back got Dynamat Extreme covering
  • Rear roll cage which serves as a great tie down spot and a barrier for the dog
  • Outback systems rear drawer
  • Aftermarket speakers front and rear with a decent amplifier
  • OEM cup holder
  • Custom sliders
  • Custom exhaust, tucked up and away
  • Extended diff breathers all the way up into the top of the engine bay
  • Vintage Toyota badging

More pics here: 1997 FZJ80 for Sale
truck_web.jpg

Last edited:
nice 80 ! I sent a pm about wheels.
wish it was a little less $$. I am selling my wifes 05' Z71 4x4 suburban to buy an 80.

nice 80 ! I sent a pm about wheels.
wish it was a little less $$. I am selling my wifes 05' Z71 4x4 suburban to buy an 80.

got the PM... you can always shoot me a PM about what "a little less" means to you...:D

I have a 75 FJ40 you would love. ARBs front and rear. 8274-50 up front on bull bar winch, 2 1/2 lift(Specter) new springs and shocks, disc brakes front, Saginaw PS, drop down gate, new oe canvas top(Ehsan) that lets in no air - quite as a hardtop, pioneer stereo, swing out tire carrier ordered - should have next week, 5 new 33X10.50 BFG ATs on powdercoated Procomp rims, new brakes, front axels rebuilt, new signal lights. It hasn't been up for sale yet as I am waiting for the tire carrier. I will probably put on ebay with a $20K reserve and buy it now for $25K. If you want a look email me for pictures. kbill45@cableone.net for pictures. I don't know how to post on here.

glovesmud... your PM box is full...

I can take all the photos you want and send them to you. Its pouring rain here right now but I can do it when it clears up. My phone number is 617 314 1231 and my name is Peter.

peepers
can you send pics to me as well
any dings, pinstripping, rust
how does it drive on the h-way-steering response, cruising at speed with 4.88
thanxs

peepers
can you send pics to me as well
any dings, pinstripping, rust
how does it drive on the h-way-steering response, cruising at speed with 4.88
thanxs

ill post pics later today. cruising at highway? 80mph no problem. if you do a search you can see from a variety of members what the rpm are at speed with 35's on. last time i drove on the highway i did take note of the speed and rpm. i can do this if you want but a search should get you the info. quite frankly, if you live anywhere with hills i cant imagine wanting anything on 35s without 4.88s. i drove on the stock gears for months and hated them on the highway. YMMV.

steering response is as expected with 35s and a 4" lift. i do have the slee castor correction plates installed, an HD drag link with new OEM ends and a new OEM tie rod including the ends. all new wheel bearings and axle rebuild. the steering cant get better can it? :D

no pinstripes
dsidefrontquart.jpg
frontquart.jpg
rear.jpg

Last edited:
How tall is it, i.e, will it fit in a standard size residential home garage?

Very nice truck, and welcome to TX (even if it is Austin ;)).

How tall is it, i.e, will it fit in a standard size residential home garage?

Very nice truck, and welcome to TX (even if it is Austin ;)).

under 8 feet and you are safe, do you want me to find out the exact height?

no forced induction correct?

or am I missing something?

picks of the blemishes... they are very very minor as you can see.
ding.jpg
scratch.jpg
scratch2.jpg

Don't want to throw your thread off, but I hope you get a 40 after this 'cause selling your 80 series and replacing it with an FJ Cruiser would be a total down grade...:confused:

Love the badging. What happened to your snorkel? Never made it on the truck?

Love the badging. What happened to your snorkel? Never made it on the truck?

the snorkle was going to require the moving or removal of the radio antenna. i did not want to do that. i still might, if i have to keep it. or, because the safari install is cleaner (ie - one round hole not an odd shpaed one and you dont have to move the antenna or modift the snorkle) get one of those but put the OEM precleaner on it.

I have a 75 FJ40 you would love. ARBs front and rear. 8274-50 up front on bull bar winch, 2 1/2 lift(Specter) new springs and shocks, disc brakes front, Saginaw PS, drop down gate, new oe canvas top(Ehsan) that lets in no air - quite as a hardtop, pioneer stereo, swing out tire carrier ordered - should have next week, 5 new 33X10.50 BFG ATs on powdercoated Procomp rims, new brakes, front axels rebuilt, new signal lights. It hasn't been up for sale yet as I am waiting for the tire carrier. I will probably put on ebay with a $20K reserve and buy it now for $25K. If you want a look email me for pictures. kbill45@cableone.net for pictures. I don't know how to post on here.

bill, have you checked your email lately?

Bump for, get this - a Highlander or a 100 series? Anyone?

Last edited:
I can sell the extra tires and wheels separately as well as the drawer system and reduce the price to $18k. Still looking for a Highlander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom