Yotamd key shell replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Recently broke my key fob / shell on my 04 GX470. Researched and found Yotamd. Their titanium reinforced shell is awesome! For $84.00, it’s a little steep, but won’t have to worry about it again.
Thought I’d share. If you have this type of key (my 99 100 has the same key) it’s going to break at some point. It’s just one little screw holding the key blade to a piece of plastic. The end of this how to video shows how weak the stock key really is.

Anyway, this is a solid fix in my book.

AEC7430F-476E-414C-A13F-C225534AAEB0.jpeg

AF927495-E104-4227-89A2-D81B00583235.jpeg

Very cool.

Yep have a Yotamd one as well. Quality item.

5E070D40-C984-4EAC-9F88-3EF313954C6B.jpeg
8009A618-C904-4F84-B179-42E53B953C01.jpeg

Bought white for the LX, gets dirty very easily and I had to fight the key to squeeze it in. Would recommend a darker color.

DEF1A815-902C-4DDE-A9A9-F6493F51CFBE.jpeg
F9FCBDF0-B999-4DD0-AE0E-4F0C4300F6DD.jpeg

Bought this for the RX, 2 for $7 couldn’t pass it up. Works just as well. But 0/10 on coolness factor.
image.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this little brass Lexus logo to the back so that it’s not going to come off in day-to-day use?

That looks like the same one I posted earlier in post #3. How did you get 2 for $7?

I went back and looked at my Amazon Account, it looks like the difference was applied from a credit from a prior return on the account. So actually I paid 20 bucks for two.

Just came across this thread trying to use google to find another YotaMD thread of mine on mud. A word of warning on the Stauber keys - they don't work with ~10% of the aftermarket keys out there. If you have an I style key (~10% of people out there, from my research), I don't think they work at all. The YotaMD kits work with all varieties of keys, aftermarket and OEM.

View attachment 1813372View attachment 1813374
Bought white for the LX, gets dirty very easily and I had to fight the key to squeeze it in. Would recommend a darker color.

Bought this for the RX, 2 for $7 couldn’t pass it up. Works just as well. But 0/10 on coolness factor.
View attachment 1813376
Any suggestions on how to fix this little brass Lexus logo to the back so that it’s not going to come off in day-to-day use?

Thanks for posting up the product! My vote for securing the logo is two part epoxy very carefully applied and wiping off excess while wet. Given how old the post is, I'm guessing you tried something already.

I updated the white to a Cerakote finish recently. If you ever get fading or discoloration on that white you have, let me know. I'll get you set up with the new white. Cerakote is about as durable as any color coating can get.

I hope it won't fade for the money you paid for it. Maybe clear coat it if you are worry about fading.
I'm here to stand behind it. If it fades, in 6 months or 6 years, the replacement is on me. :)

The “L” lives on...
33CC496E-65DE-44D3-94C8-959900FBB01F.jpeg

Thanks for posting... two part epoxy very carefully applied and wiping off excess while wet. Given how old the post is, I'm guessing you tried something already.

2 part epoxy worked. I used JB Weld couldn’t get the bubbles out, but I’m happy with the outcome.

4400 psi epoxy May have been overkill. 😂

I was pleased with my purchase from YOTAMD, and I will continue to remain pleased so long as they send me replacement screws for the mishap that occurred this afternoon when I stepped out of my vehicle and the entire YOTAMD assembly went crashing onto the ground because two screws came loose. If YOTA does not replace, I guess I will hope that Home Depot carries the 1.3mm screws that the shell is fitted with.

GX470 KEY)YOTAMD REPLACEMENT SHELL_SCREWS MISSING_08_24_2021.jpg

I was pleased with my purchase from YOTAMD, and I will continue to remain pleased so long as they send me replacement screws for the mishap that occurred this afternoon when I stepped out of my vehicle and the entire YOTAMD assembly went crashing onto the ground because two screws came loose. If YOTA does not replace, I guess I will hope that Home Depot carries the 1.3mm screws that the shell is fitted with.

View attachment 2768618
They'll send you replacement nuts and bolts for cheap. I lost one and ordered some new from YotaMd . The package arrived pretty quick if I recall correctly.

They'll send you replacement nuts and bolts for cheap. I lost one and ordered some new from YotaMd . The package arrived pretty quick if I recall correctly.
That's great news. I had a good experience with YOTA in the past. Their owner is very responsive. I'll order up some new screws, and a few extra to save repeating the process again in the future. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom