Yesterday was a good day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What a day. I finally finished installing the D/P 3-point safety belt system. My BJ40 didn’t come with seatbelts so it’s the only mod I’ve done so far. I also replaced the steering column cover and painted the rear bumper n a nice matte black finish and then I replaced all bumper bolts and the rear light lens screws with new ones. Everything turned out really good.

Afterwards, I took her out for a hour long spin. The B (diesel) engine has a rock solid stable idle and it purrs beautifully at 40-45 mph.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1500x900q70/924/qSpO8q.jpg[/IMG]

My goal is to eventually replace all body and interior bolt-on parts. I had a sucky thing happen last week when the headliner peeled and fell off. Looks like the liner [foam] wasn’t glued evenly. I’m thinking of just painting the underside a nice matte white.

Besides modding my 40 with seat belts I think I’m going to buy an upper dash pad. It would be an easy install.

Oh yeah, also looking at winches..

Those rubber bumpers on front bumper shows it is an import. It is a nice FJ40 and I personally wish they imported the diesel here as that would be my choice vs. gasoline.

Those rubber bumpers on front bumper shows it is an import. It is a nice FJ40 and I personally wish they imported the diesel here as that would be my choice vs. gasoline.
It’s a 76 BJ40. Purchased and shipped from Costa Rica. It has a “B” engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom