Yellow Connector question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm still having the no power problem, finally took it to a shop, that didn't go good. Charged me 260 dollars and gave it back to me not running and all the wires going into this yellow connector were not inserted. They said they did determine that 3 of the injectors were not getting power. I towed the truck back and decided to check the fusible link for the injectors and it was loose. So I fixed that. I plugged back in one of the injectors they had unplugged and then set about to reconnect the five wires into this yellow connector which is at the fire wall on the passenger side, this is my 1988 Land Cruiser. I'm trying to determine which wires go where. I have the electrical schematic in my green 1988 Repair Manual, but can't understand it in regards to showing me this round yellow connector. Maybe it's not meant for that. I think 3 of the wires (one being to the injectors) go in the harness that routes to the sensors etc. The other two go to the plug that I think is used for diagnosis.

yellow connector.jpg

Oh, @ToyotaMatt, where are you, pal? This is your time to shine like fresh yellow zinc plating my friend!

I'm in the great state of Idaho
Our good friend Matt is probably the best at fixing connector issues. It's literally his job specialty. I'm sure he can help guide you or help you find the correct OEM replacement. Nothing but OEM from Matt. He literally went to Toyota school for this very thing and scours the globe for NLA parts and builds all new connectors and various other electrical related items that we just can't find anywhere else!

I believe the guys at the shop went too deep and neglected to check the simple fusible link first. So I fixed the fusible link and just need to re insert the 5 wires into the yellow connector so I can drive it home. Then the V8 swap is going to begin.

I believe the guys at the shop went too deep and neglected to check the simple fusible link first. So I fixed the fusible link and just need to re insert the 5 wires into the yellow connector so I can drive it home. Then the V8 swap is going to begin.
Oh man, what a problem to have to deal with right now?! I can't say I'm much help aside from trying to get Matt in here. He knows more than I do about links and connectors. I guess towing it home is out of the question?

Oh man, what a problem to have to deal with right now?! I can't say I'm much help aside from trying to get Matt in here. He knows more than I do about links and connectors. I guess towing it home is out of the question?
I can do that, that's plan B. All I need to do is plug in those 5 connectors into the 5 slots on the yellow connector. I just don't want to plug them into the wrong slot.

I can do that, that's plan B. All I need to do is plug in those 5 connectors into the 5 slots on the yellow connector. I just don't want to plug them into the wrong slot.

i DO HAVE these 5 pin connectors available ..........

male

female too

is this what u need ?

It's that i have the wires, the mechanic disconnected and left them for me to figure out how to reconnect them.
The male end burnt up so I just have the new wires to plug into the female side. But no reference.

do u need a male connector end or the wires there ?

i have a 1988 EWD for a 62 if u need any help here

I found my old diagram I made to show how the wires connected and put it back together. Now it will start and stay on for about 2 seconds then dies. I can do this multiple times but it does not stay running. I'm wondering what the machinic did? I took it to him running and he gave it back not running and wires not put back where he disconnected them. I reconnected everything and tightened up the fusible link to the terminal for the Injectors.
What could be an obvious thing the mechanic might have done to keep it from staying running?
He said he did determine spark is good, fuel is good. I checked my fuses also, and they are good.

Hi Matt,

Do you have products I would need when doing my Vortec Swap? To integrate my Toyota wiring to the Vortec Harness?

i ONLY dabble in OEM toyota connectors

if u need ANY VORTECH Connectors interface to a toyota oem one ?

your one stop electrical connectors Vortech to oem toyota shop is :

here on mud

@cruisermatt

Cruiser's matt OFF road in winter park Florida is the leader in this ever growing topic

he will have your covered 100%

plus he is a VORTECH man himself too ............

89620-60060jpg.image.500 x400 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Hi Matt,

Do you have products I would need when doing my Vortec Swap? To integrate my Toyota wiring to the Vortec Harness?

I sell a plug and play transmission harness for 4l60/80 to FJ62, Weld in Motor mount kit (far superior to AA hockey pucks) and a bracket to bolt the FJ62 t case shifter to a 4l60. If you are using a 4l60 and a FJ62, with my products the swap is about as easy as one can get.

As for your yellow connector - I'm not sure off the top of my head where that is on a 62 but is definitely fuel/EFI related - yellow wire w/ red tracer stripe, and re w/ green tracer strip is pump/Circuit opening relay wiring. You will want to make sure you have all this in working order before you pull all of it for a conversion becuase when it is all correct it actually works fine, I usually retain this system for the conversions.

So, maybe an OEM plug is warranted. It would certainly alleviate some headaches now and down the road during the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom