1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yankee Toys fall gathering?

Discussion in 'PA- Keystone Cruisers' started by JeepinPete, Oct 2, 2017.

1. JeepinPete

JeepinPete

Anyone heading up to NH? My son and I are leaving Thursday morning...

2. Crusha

Crusha Self-censoring my mud posts... SILVER Star

Gary @shmukster is going, but he's going to be a passenger.
    Should be a blast!

3. shmukster

shmukster

Ran into Pete at the FG it was as always a fun event. For me it was a bit more exciting than usual. Riding with Chris Stearns in his buggy he flopped it on (I think) Boulderdash. Rough trails very rough indeed. Next day riding with my friend Eric from Massachusetts (gotta watch those MA guys!) he flopped hard on the lower part of Boulderdash. The buggies did OK on Boulderdash Friday but the 40's, a very capable 4runner, and a capable Jeep had trouble on Saturday. Damn those rocks are big and the trails get more difficult every day. Kina was in our group Saturday and as usual put on a pretty good shoe more than once! ! I'm sure there will be some neat pics and videos on the Yankee Toys club site as soon as everyone gets home from the event. Took a leisurely 7 hour (with a diner stop) ride up Thursday through Bennington VT but today banged home on the interstates in a record for me 5 hours 45 minutes. The FG is always a fun event. The guys told me the stockish runs were really good with plenty of challenging spots.

Chris flopped with me.jpg

Crusha likes this.
  4. Crusha

Crusha Self-censoring my mud posts... SILVER Star

Next year...for sure!

5. shmukster

shmukster

This was Eric's flop on Saturday

Eric on side.jpg

77landsitter likes this.
  6. 76FJ40

76FJ40 Old Fart SILVER Star

Oh so close ...

7. JeepinPete

JeepinPete

I had a great time up in NH. My son Josh and I drove the 80 up on Thursday. Set up camp, made a fire and some dinner, then got to bed nice and early.

Friday I joined the group heading to Brookbridge. That run was about perfect for my truck. Plenty of scenery, enough rock to make use of the sliders, long enough to make it worth the trip, and make it out unscathed :). We had eight trucks for the run, carnage was a bent driveshaft, a broken control arm mount, and a trashed rear sway bar.

Saturday was a bit of a mixed bag. Due to the previous day's damage, the options were one of two stock runs, or heading out back at Field and Forest. I was warned off of even the green trails at F & F, and the stock runs had already left. Decided Josh and I would just explore the area. Got a big assist from Bob as he offered some maps highlighting a few class six roads. As it worked out we ran into both groups doing the stock runs on one trail. Explored a few others, no real wheeling challenge, but fun non the less.

All and all, it was a great time, and I look forward to making it up there again. Here are a few pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a link to the album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SPdgPHSxm5ZSiUdc2

8. plfj40

plfj40

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">