Builds XPLOR R - 2014 200 Series Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great find I discovered at Overland Expo West - Steelcore locking straps. Kept my OZTent secure when hotelling (yes, after several nights of rain I wussed out).

The transformation has begun...

OME heavy 2" lift and ARB bumper installed this week. The crew at AOE (American Overland Expedition) down in Laguna Hills put up with my left-over Ouray dirt.

It looks like a truck and not a minivan! :)

Before, front fender well at just under 34"

XPLORR_before_front by Matt Frederick, on Flickr

Before, rear fender well just at 35"

XPLORR_before_rear by Matt Frederick, on Flickr

After, front fender well at just over 38" (heavy springs, winch is not installed yet)

XPLORR_after_front by Matt Frederick, on Flickr

After, rear fender well at 39" (medium springs, rear compartment empty)

XPLORR_after_rear by Matt Frederick, on Flickr

BFG 275/70/18, AT KO2, 32" height mounted - tall and skinny baby!

XPLORR_275-70-18_height by Matt Frederick, on Flickr

Wheels and tires are just inside the fender well. Planning on sticking with the stock wheels and just plasti-dipping them. Don't want to run spacers.

XPLORR_275-70-18_front by Matt Frederick, on Flickr

XPLORR_275-70-18_rear by Matt Frederick, on Flickr

Mocking up some sticker and vinyl options... Thoughts?

XPLORR_vinylOptions.jpg

Mocking up some sticker and vinyl options... Thoughts?

View attachment 1319448

I avoid any stickers or external indicators that are associated with firearms.
The LAST thing I want is to hint that there might be weapons inside...especially if they ARE inside.

What does 5.11 have to do with guns anyways? It's the rating of a climbing route in rock climbing:

"5.11 a, b, c, d This is the world of the dedicated climber. Expect steep and difficult routes that demand technical climbing and powerful moves."

Ethernectar, I think they all look cool! That hood wrap will look cool also!

What does 5.11 have to do with guns anyways? It's the rating of a climbing route in rock climbing:

"5.11 a, b, c, d This is the world of the dedicated climber. Expect steep and difficult routes that demand technical climbing and powerful moves."

5.11 is also a tactical gear company for law enforcement.

Lol, his license frame is the actual logo for a firearms accessories company. I have many of their products ;)

Gotcha, you guys are talking about this company:

IMG_7189_zpsngzmccdo.jpg

Never heard of it? I wouldn't burg his truck for weapons if I saw those stickers on it. Just saying...

the actuall logo for a firearms accessories company

I don't think they are a firearms accessories company as much as they are a clothing company. Originally called Royal Robbins and named after it's founder, he made climbing/mountaineering pants. 5.11 is in fact the rating of a climb (created by Robbins) and was the style of a model of pants that became the name of the company when it was purchased by Dan Costa in 2002. They do make some kit related to the firearms industry as depicted in the pic above. The weapons and accompanying attachments are not manufactured by 5.11. The clothing and plate carrier are. And the sunglasses!

Maybe ethernectar likes their sunglasses?

I don't think they are a firearms accessories company as much as they are a clothing company. Originally called Royal Robbins and named after it's founder, he made climbing/mountaineering pants. 5.11 is in fact the rating of a climb (created by Robbins) and was the style of a model of pants that became the name of the company when it was purchased by Dan Costa in 2002. They do make some kit related to the firearms industry as depicted in the pic above. The weapons and accompanying attachments are not manufactured by 5.11. The clothing and plate carrier are. And the sunglasses!

Maybe ethernectar likes their sunglasses?

That's what I meant. They are well known for making "tactical gear" clothes, belts, etc for those who carry and train with firearms such as myself. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply weapon attachments, I'm severally jet lagged, brain is mush. Off to sleep :skull::hungover:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom