WTB: Passenger Mirror for 80 Series - PROBLEM SOLVED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title says, I'm trying to source and buy an OEM mirror for my '93 80 Series. When I bought the vehicle it came with an aftermarket passenger mirror that is broken in three different places now. The zip tie method is no longer able to support it and the Solve Function mirror repair parts don't fit the non-OEM mirror perfectly. So now when I go offroad or hit any substantial pothole, the glass falls out and only hangs on by the wires.

I'm trying to save myself the headache of ordering one of the "JP Auto" or "DIY Innovations" aftermarket mirrors from companies that don't seem to actually exist. And the mirrors have been discontinued by Toyota entirely.

Preferably looking for the "Red Mica" (3H4 paint code) but will accept any working OEM mirror I can get that works with the '93 model year, spray paint is cheap enough. Even if some parts of the mirror housing are broken, I can manage that as I have the Solve Function shaky mirror bracket and bottom post replacement already.

Thanks in advance for any help / leads you may have!

Edit 7/1/20: I was able to get the Solve Function parts to work with my non-OEM mirror with some strategic drilling and tom foolery. Problem should be solved for now as long as everything holds up okay!

Last edited:
Like the title says, I'm trying to source and buy an OEM mirror for my '93 80 Series. When I bought the vehicle it came with an aftermarket passenger mirror that is broken in three different places now. The zip tie method is no longer able to support it and the Solve Function mirror repair parts don't fit the non-OEM mirror perfectly. So now when I go offroad or hit any substantial pothole, the glass falls out and only hangs on by the wires.

I'm trying to save myself the headache of ordering one of the "JP Auto" or "DIY Innovations" aftermarket mirrors from companies that don't seem to actually exist. And the mirrors have been discontinued by Toyota entirely.

Preferably looking for the "Red Mica" (3H4 paint code) but will accept any working OEM mirror I can get that works with the '93 model year, spray paint is cheap enough. Even if some parts of the mirror housing are broken, I can manage that as I have the Solve Function shaky mirror bracket and bottom post replacement already.

Thanks in advance for any help / leads you may have!

Not mine, but maybe?

1C5B6F0A-B471-4481-BE91-4B1DE615DCEF.png

Not mine, but maybe?

View attachment 2358366

I actually texted that guy yesterday, he said the passenger mirror was one of the first things he sold! He added me to a "wishlist" though if he gets another 80 to part out. Thank you though. May just have to keep scouring craigslist and ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom