Wiring trivia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve been noticing a bunch of empty connectors in various places, and I’m trying to figure out what they are. I have some guesses based on the wiring diagrams I’ve downloaded, but I’d love some confirmation. So here goes....

Behind door number one, we have what I think is the disabled ‘speed warning buzzer’.
B297C208-E81B-431E-9502-01BA639117D9.jpeg

Behind door number two - and I’m a lot less certain about this - I think we have either the turbo pressure sensor, or the winch motor and magnet switch, both of which are odd because I have neither a turbo nor a winch.

A57FD309-88D1-4337-B5D8-34B798462BF1.jpeg
F9FF857D-B9DC-4257-B6D9-6367E4068792.jpeg
0A1293AF-DCCD-4EAD-BE9F-F53D72F44407.jpeg

This plug is on the exhaust side of the block.

The next mystery plug is on the other side of the block, and splits off of the alternator harness. I have no idea AT ALL what this one might be. Couldn’t find anything similar in the pdf.

676F6EC1-2EC8-4663-AFE0-27CCA0A03311.jpeg

Help me out here... 🙏

Incidentally, I may be able to get a factory PTO winch. Is it possible to install in a vehicle that didn’t originally have one? Easily? Or are we talking a bunch of custom fab?

Hello,

You may want to start telling us about rig, namely model, model year and engine.

Juan

Hello,

Since it is an HZJ77, the second mystery connector is for the winch, for the 77 never came with a turbo.

If I remember correctly, some winch controller is located near the alternator. That would explain the connector you found there.

So chances are that both connectors may be for the winch circuit.

Hope this helps.

Juan

It’s my understanding that wiring harnesses for a particular model (RHD 77-series in your case) are basically the same, and therefore there will be various unused plugs depending on how your particular vehicle was equipped. This saves the manufacturer having to make a different harness for every possible combination of options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom