%#*£ wipers! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had my wire harness out, re-wrapped it and checked it thoroughly…. Visual only.. I am now hooking up the switches. Everything works great except my windshield wipers. Blows a fuse as fast as I can feed them into the fuse panel… I’ve hooked the motor into my other FJ 40 and it works fine. Unhooked the 4-5 wires near the fuse panel that power the windshield wipers. Still blows a fuse! I’m thinking a short in the harness? I dread having to pull this out again. I have a wiring diagram blown up so that my old eyes can read it. Methinks I’m going to have to pull the harness. Don’t know if it worked before I started the renovation,

Had my wire harness out, re-wrapped it and checked it thoroughly…. Visual only.. I am now hooking up the switches. Everything works great except my windshield wipers. Blows a fuse as fast as I can feed them into the fuse panel… I’ve hooked the motor into my other FJ 40 and it works fine. Unhooked the 4-5 wires near the fuse panel that power the windshield wipers. Still blows a fuse! I’m thinking a short in the harness? I dread having to pull this out again. I have a wiring diagram blown up so that my old eyes can read it. Methinks I’m going to have to pull the harness. Don’t know if it worked before I started the renovation,
1973FJ40

Since many of the fuses service more than one system on an early cruiser, and you popped the fuse with the w/s wiring disconnected, the likelihood is that there is something else serviced by that fuse. Don’t remember off the top of my head what else is on that circuit. Washer bottle would be one, and that has wiring that passes through the firewall.🤔

If it is popping that fast, you have a short to ground somewhere causing an ID10T code (I get that code all of the time in my 69). Trace your steps back to when it became unhappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom