Wiper motor electrical question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sloanstavern

SILVER Star
Threads
For any Sparkys out there got a question about my wiper motor from a 1982 KSA troopy.

The motor function before disassembly however the auto cycle did not work in other words when you turn off the switch the wiper would stop in its tracks.

Inside the motor there are three brushes one wired yellow the other two red and blue. The red and blue are still intact the yellow is not. however on the drive wheel there’s three contact points that have no wires attached to them my question is which lead goes to which contact?

Thanks for any help let me know if you have any questions
63DD5840-4B8F-4320-976C-5422B2D41FCE.jpeg
3B35861A-AD87-4613-ADF1-07D9A9B0FBA3.jpeg
9DE0BE97-A0C6-4F02-9A19-728B58753348.jpeg

The blue wire should connect to the yellow wire (common brush) and both connected to the park switch contact that is closed in the park position. The blue/white wire should connect to the park switch common. The black wire should connect to the park switch contact that is closed while running (a short piece of wire to a screw on the wiper gear housing). When running the wiper switch grounds either the high speed brush or the low speed brush (note the FSM schematic is incorrect). When you turn off the wipers the park switch provides the ground until the motor comes around to the park location, then the park switch applies +12v to the low speed brush to get the motor to brake. If this braking action does not take place the motor will coast through the park location and keep running. Based on the rotor, I would say the middle connection is common, the outer one is the running contact and the inner is the park contact.

1640008816518.png

1640011227176.png

Thanks @ToyotaMatt for the photo.

Last edited:
Great- thanks I’ll give it a shot!

I am finally getting back to work on this, and so far all the combinations I’ve tried result with the same end, The motor stops and starts but the park mode is not functioning when I look at the drive gear I see three contact points the inner one is short in duration, the center one is continuous and the outer one has the interruption.

Do you know what those contact points represent either park drive or ground?
4D0F5DE6-5B11-490B-94C0-D9892E883AE3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom