windshield wiper heater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I admit that I don't have the need for it often, but when I do, it doesn't seem to do anything. Do yours work as expected?

Thanks,
Carl

It's the heated strip under the wipers, you can turn it on via the AC system menu
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 5.12.28 PM.png

Hmm.... okay, thanks guys! Push the button and it heats up, right?!?

Correct. In fact, the manual warns not to touch the area when it's on because it gets quite hot. I haven't tried that yet, but knowing me I should be able to report soon.

Sent from my iPhone

My 08 has the heated strip in the glass. I thought the button was just for the defrost air, but see now it is right next to the rear electric defrost. That's neat- learned something new- manual in 08 does not describe it at all.

My 08 has the heated strip in the glass. I thought the button was just for the defrost air, but see now it is right next to the rear electric defrost. That's neat- learned something new- manual in 08 does not describe it at all.
Read the 3rd post down from the top. The button next to the rear defrost simply blows hot air 100% to the windshield and side windows.

The wiper de-icer is turned on from the climate menu on the lcd screen.

Anyone know which fuse to check if the top of their head?

Sent from my iPhone

NOW, I'm going to be looking for it...

Heats up these rows of in-glass strips so you're at least dragging clean blade edges across the glass.
-Still gonna have to scrape the rest of the windshield yourself though.... ;)
IMG_6091.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom